!2019 NEW Morel Update Here...

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by noskydaddy, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Black morel

6.4%
  2. White morel

7.3%
  3. Gray Morel

15.3%
  4. I love them all equally!

70.9%
  1. Neecienee

Neecienee Morel Enthusiast

Cute kid, nice shrooms!

2. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They were given to me after they were soaked, I drained off the water and have them a Ziploc in the fridge right now. How long will they keep?

3. Mtmike79

Mtmike79 Morel Enthusiast

20190520_160052.jpg 20190520_171132.jpg still a few left in wells county

2 people like this.
  4. mmh

Have been working 7 days/week (second shift) got out last Sat. and Sun. before work.
    Have friends that have small plots of trees that have produced very little in the past but walked into numbers, along with public land found about 90 large yellows between those two days.
    Going North this Friday morning, Reports along with pics show a lot large Blacks.
    I have only 3 more Mondays until, Go Time.

2 people like this.
  5. mmh

Elm Girl/Shroom hound
    Will you Two be heading North this weekend?

1 person likes this.
  6. Mtmike79

Mtmike79 Morel Enthusiast

Heading to Gaylord area Thursday first trip to Michigan to hunt for me.

1 person likes this.
  7. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

Would eat ASAP

8. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

Looks like the last couple good picking days in NWI, rain and hot will end it, been a great year, found close to 100 pounds, and provided morels for great restaurants to make yummy dishes. All in all it was a fantastic year and hope next year is the same.

2 people like this.
  9. mmh

Will be in the area Friday Morning, will post. Will send you my cell number via private message.

1 person likes this.
  10. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Go time where? Are ya headed north for some Michigan shrooms?

2 people like this.
  11. elmgirl

elmgirl Morel Connoisseur

@mmh yes sir! We will be heading up tomorrow afternoon.

12. elmgirl

elmgirl Morel Connoisseur

Mannnnn just not sure where to plant our feet when we get up to Michigan our best picking spot if I'm right is running behind .... guess I'll do some brainstorming tonight and make a decision weve got 5 days so

13. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Connoisseur

It depends on where you are going. I was really surprised how far along things were here when Wade, Robin and I hit Jackson and Ingham county. We were picking hundreds of Morchella diminutivas and finding old rotten morels of all types.

Don't assume your spots are behind or you might end up a bit sorry like me.

14. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thats Exactly what I was Thinking..
    Good luck @elmgirl you know what to do

15. jms0001

jms0001 Morel Enthusiast

Just a heads up, I pick in Washtenaw and Jackson County and my spots are pretty much done. Picked a bunch of big blondes yesterday and most of them had been there a minute. Which tells me you should hit pretty decent farther north. My mom lives in Benzie county, that’s north west side just south of Traverse City and they are hitting great right now. My Dad just did a short trip up near Gaylord and it’s just getting going. They found mostly blacks and some small grays, that was yesterday. Haven’t heard from them yet today. Hope this helps all you hoosiers making the trek up this way Good luck!!

16. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That is some Excellent Reporting and Help ... @jms0001
    Thank You. ... from Wade

3 people like this.
  17. Jason McDonald

Jason McDonald Morel Enthusiast

That is definitely good to hear I was super nervous we were gonna be early this year usually we are a week late. Super excited to see what’s ahead of us thank you very much for the information JMS0001 hope you do well also.

3 people like this.
  18. jesterman5

jesterman5 Morel Enthusiast

Found these today in Steuben county. Last hunt for me. Found some everytime I went out this year. For me this was a great year! 20190522_180754.jpg

19. indy_nebo

indy_nebo Morel Connoisseur

Been done here in central for a couple weeks now. What a year... I know all you hardcore hunters are still killin it further north! If I didnt have too much on my plate with moving and looking for a new car (because I totaled mine being an idiot, texting pictures of my biggest find to my uncle) I would definitely be up there getting in on the action. But hey, as we inevitably say every season, "Maybe Next Year'

Looking forward to an awesome year for summer shroomage too! Chanterelle season is just around the corner, and I have already spotted a nice cluster of chick o' the woods!

20190517_185452.jpg
    Exciting stuff! Last year was total crap for rels AND chick's for me, so I'm def looking forward to satiating my deprived palate.

If nobody has started a thread for summer shrooms by the time I start getting into chants I will go ahead and do that. Last 2 years, I found WAY more than I knew what to do with, so if anyone wants to buy any, I'm ur guy- as long as we dont have 3 weeks with no rain after memorial day... which seems highly unlikely (knock on wood)!

Check back in mid June yall.
    Love, peace, and bacon grease

3 people like this.
  20. jashroomer

jashroomer Morel Connoisseur

Kokomorel has one started.

1 person likes this.