!2019 NEW Morel Update Here...

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by noskydaddy, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Black morel

7.0%
  2. White morel

8.2%
  3. Gray Morel

13.9%
  4. I love them all equally!

70.9%
  1. funamongus

funamongus Morel Connoisseur

oh and I found 8 today! early season total 49

2. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Looks like a blue racer, saw one crossing the road many years back, stopped my car in front of it and was showing off a bit to new and only wife. Thought I'd show her my snake charming abilities, went in for the head and it latched onto my thumb hard. Made it pretty easy to pick it up and let it go along the side of the road though. Bled like crazy though. Good thing it wasn't a cobra or I wouldn't be typing this post.

3. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Sorry, we need GPS coordinates to prove you're not further south. Sounds like you and kokomorel and I should go out. I'll provide private woods or spots at miss. reservoir this weekend if you guys want to go.

4. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Looked at your pic again real close, napkin is obviously 2015 vintage. I think I'm going to take some pictures this year with April 2020 dates on napkins. Nice find!!

5. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

I couldn't do either, drove 500 miles one way and finally gotten done though. For the money I spent I could have went to Ruth's Chris and had a filet smothered in their best mushrooms though. O well it's the love of the hunt.

6. hoka24

hoka24 Morel Enthusiast

Haha - I would be up for hunting - should be great this weekend.

7. funamongus

if your not already excited enough, in one of my areas im finding morels where ive never found them in 12 yrs, so weather permitting should be awesome season!!!

9 people like this.
  8. Brian888

Brian888 Morel Enthusiast

Yeah I was thinking about picking him up
    What county are you in?

2 people like this.
  9. Brian888

What county are you in funamongus?

10. funamongus

monroe

3 people like this.
  11. Brian888

Oh ok, I've hunted through yellowood years ago. I'm thinking I need to go a county or so north of me. Which is weird because usually starts south and works it way north.

1 person likes this.
  12. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Shoot me a PM, I'm off Friday for three day weekend.

Kokomorel likes this.
  13. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

looks like Robin and Myself will be working everyday for the next 10 days
    Right in the middle of our best Popping.
    Hope we get to Hunt a little along our Journeys

2 people like this.
  14. HawkeyeMerkels

HawkeyeMerkels Morel Connoisseur

Oh Man. Youll squeeze in some hunt time somewhere! How was the trip back to your hometown?

1 person likes this.
  15. indy_nebo

indy_nebo Morel Connoisseur

I have a feeling everyone in the southern 2/3rds of the state will have a good chance to show off their gourmand to their families this Easter!
    When I get a nice haul, I act like I won the lottery! I show up at relatives houses with a bag of mushy goodness and say "Here you go, enjoy!... dont ask for any more tho..."

16. indy_nebo

indy_nebo Morel Connoisseur

I wanted to get out today, I have no doubt that rain brought a few up around central, but I decided to rest and hang out with the kids. Tomorrow I will be back at it, will have the kids for most of the day so hopefully tomorrow evening I will have some awesome pictures to post of them displaying their proud findings! When my son found his 1st one last year I thought he was gonna explode he was so excited. Last week he says:
    "Are mushooms still sleeping daddy?"
    "Yeah, they are buddy."
    "Oh... let's wake them up!!!"
    "I wish I knew how dude..." "Like this- WAKE UP MUSHOOMS, WAKE UP!!!!!"

17. HawkeyeMerkels

Lol! :DKids say the funniest stuff at those ages! & get super excited, lol! G' Luck w/the Fam tomw! Btw the post bout bringing mush to Family like Ya won the lottery, but dont go asking for more.. had me rolling!!!! Cause Im the sameway;)

4 people like this.
  18. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have deleted deepspores post #1452 and have sent a request to the administrator to ban her. When I am aware of her posts or similar from others I will delete.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 12:29 AM
  19. HawkeyeMerkels

ThankYou MMH! You could tell it was a male troll posing as a young female. Used pretty good "young chic" slang too(i.e pupper etc)! She was quickly removed! Out w/a Boot!!!

20. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

Thank you sir

Jmay and (deleted member) like this.