2019 OHIO 4th Quarter Fall Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by sb, Oct 5, 2019.

1. morelseeeker

morelseeeker Morel Connoisseur

O.K. I'm just trying to keep you all informed and am not trying to boast. I am up to 102 pounds of chicken mushrooms. Today I went after this big rain and found nada, nothing, zip.:confused:

Zabz and (deleted member) like this.
  2. morelseeeker

Something I'd like to share. Last year I pulled Hen of the Woods mushrooms into strips then cut them into 3 inch long pieces. Place in a 1 gallon zip lock bag with some sweet and sour sauce and marinate overnight. Then wet batter them and deep fry. Tastes so good.;)

Zabz and (deleted member) like this.

3. Zabz

Zabz Morel Enthusiast

The end is nigh!

I literally just saw that the meadows were coming up today after work......and tomorrow is going into freezing temps at night.

Weeeellllllp.

Crumby fall season for me but the spring and summer mushrooms were the best I've had since I started looking a few years ago.

morelseeeker likes this.
  4. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Are you serious?! I've been checking my meadow spot, and nothing doing!

morelseeeker likes this.
  5. morelseeeker

Went this morning to a woods where normally I'd find at least twenty pounds of hens and all I found was two pounds of very fresh emerging chickens. So now I'm up to 104 pounds of chicken mushrooms. This year must have been the year of the chicken mushroom and last year was my best ever year for hens so it was the year for hens. I can't find any hens. I guess the drought we had effected them.

1 person likes this.
  6. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Well, I think Zabz might have nailed it! I haven't seen crap around here for quite a while, and have been checking every place I know! It's been a bad year!

1 person likes this.
  7. morelseeeker

Well I found 197 pounds of hens last year and this year I found one that someone else got to first and cut it off with their knife.:D

1 person likes this.