Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice blacks, congrats.
I'm in middle TN, been out twice but normally don't see blacks. Waiting for yellows and grays.
Thinking this weekend will be the start.
Weather is finally getting consistent and rain on Thursday.
Yeah, was looking at weather and was thinking going back out Fri afternoon and/or Sat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I am in Williamson County and have a great place to hunt. Myself and a couple others are planning to hunt next Tuesday and we would love for you to join us. I have seen loads of mayapples, trilliums, jack in the pulpits are starting to pop, plenty of elms, beech, poplars and hickories.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I am in Williamson County and have a great place to hunt. Myself and a couple others are planning to hunt next Tuesday and we would love for you to join us. I have seen loads of mayapples, trilliums, jack in the pulpits are starting to pop, plenty of elms, beech, poplars and hickories.
Thanks for the offer, but I've got a small group that hits a few spots. Agree that the signs are out here in middle TN...good luck, post some pics of your finds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been on a couple of recon trips in Sevier County. Think I have a few spots worthy of consideration. A little different situ than central Indiana, but I'm sure the basics still apply. Hopefully some pics Saturday. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Cumberland County on the plateau. Going to check a couple of my spots today. Anyone else here on the plateau. Up here we do not have Elms....not sure why. But I have luck near streams

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back after a few hours in the woods. The 3 of us found around 40 blacks. Williamson County.

Same spot that we hit 4 days prior where we found 9

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any pictures of your oysters?
Unfortunately I am out in the deep woods here and don't have much of a signal to upload pictures. I will try once I'm back to town and have better service.

Yesterday, my wife and 2 of my kids found 8 morels, only picked 3 left the others to grow a bit longer. Looking forward to some rain and a bit cooler temps. The season is just starting here in Carroll county Tennessee. I think hunters will do great next week.

I have been finding the morels only in valleys and bases of hills where there is a lot of moisture, organic matter, sand and May Apples. Just about every mushroom I found was within view of May Apples.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately I am out in the deep woods here and don't have much of a signal to upload pictures. I will try once I'm back to town and have better service.

Yesterday, my wife and 2 of my kids found 8 morels, only picked 3 left the others to grow a bit longer. Looking forward to some rain and a bit cooler temps. The season is just starting here in Carroll county Tennessee. I think hunters will do great next week.

I have been finding the morels only in valleys and bases of hills where there is a lot of moisture, organic matter, sand and May Apples. Just about every mushroom I found was within view of May Apples.
Thomas, are your finds yellows?

·
Registered
9 Posts

1 - 20 of 40 Posts