2019 TN finds

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Jesco11, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Got these 9 blacks today in Williamson County.

20190402_174021.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    HippySoul, Buttercup, YevocTN and 6 others like this.
  2. bssur

bssur Young Morel

Nice blacks, congrats.
    I'm in middle TN, been out twice but normally don't see blacks. Waiting for yellows and grays.
    Thinking this weekend will be the start.
    Weather is finally getting consistent and rain on Thursday.

1 person likes this.

3. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Yeah, was looking at weather and was thinking going back out Fri afternoon and/or Sat

YevocTN likes this.
  4. Buttercup

Buttercup Young Morel

Hi I am in Williamson County and have a great place to hunt. Myself and a couple others are planning to hunt next Tuesday and we would love for you to join us. I have seen loads of mayapples, trilliums, jack in the pulpits are starting to pop, plenty of elms, beech, poplars and hickories.

5. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer, but I've got a small group that hits a few spots. Agree that the signs are out here in middle TN...good luck, post some pics of your finds.

Robinsmorels and Buttercup like this.
  6. Buttercup

Buttercup Young Morel

Lol game on

Jesco11 likes this.
  7. Bock

Bock Morel Enthusiast

Been on a couple of recon trips in Sevier County. Think I have a few spots worthy of consideration. A little different situ than central Indiana, but I'm sure the basics still apply. Hopefully some pics Saturday. Good luck to all.

Robinsmorels likes this.
  8. Jeff Fabus

Jeff Fabus Young Morel

I live in Cumberland County on the plateau. Going to check a couple of my spots today. Anyone else here on the plateau. Up here we do not have Elms....not sure why. But I have luck near streams

Buttercup likes this.
  9. bladefan

bladefan Young Morel

Checking in fentress today, it’s still early but who knows?

10. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Just got back after a few hours in the woods. The 3 of us found around 40 blacks. Williamson County.

Same spot that we hit 4 days prior where we found 9

1 person likes this.
  11. Jeff Fabus

Jeff Fabus Young Morel

Found 3 yellows in Cumberland. Just babies very small...Here we go OH BABIES! I let them grow will return in couple of days!!!

12. bladefan

bladefan Young Morel

Yep word is yellows are popping up on the plateau...

13. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Hit our same spot today in Williamson Cty. Got 60. Mostly blacks, but also seems yellows and greys starting to pop

4336.jpeg

HawkeyeMerkels and Thomas like this.
  14. Thomas

Thomas Morel Enthusiast

Did a quick walk about today, no morels but I did get 2 nice oysters. Tomorrow I will get a few hours of uninterrupted mushroom hunting in. Hunting in Carroll county.

HawkeyeMerkels and Jesco11 like this.
  15. Monique Wesh

Monique Wesh Morel Enthusiast

Any pictures of your oysters?

16. Thomas

Thomas Morel Enthusiast

Unfortunately I am out in the deep woods here and don't have much of a signal to upload pictures. I will try once I'm back to town and have better service.

Yesterday, my wife and 2 of my kids found 8 morels, only picked 3 left the others to grow a bit longer. Looking forward to some rain and a bit cooler temps. The season is just starting here in Carroll county Tennessee. I think hunters will do great next week.

I have been finding the morels only in valleys and bases of hills where there is a lot of moisture, organic matter, sand and May Apples. Just about every mushroom I found was within view of May Apples.

Jesco11 likes this.
  17. Bock

Bock Morel Enthusiast

Thomas, are your finds yellows?

18. Monique Wesh

19. Monique Wesh

We went out Thursday and saw oysters, devil buckets and lots of May apples so we'll keep checking. I'll post what we saw.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  20. Monique Wesh

IMG_9997.JPG IMG_9997.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG

Attached Files: