2019 TN finds

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Jesco11, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Monique Wesh

Monique Wesh Morel Enthusiast

I am not sure what these different mushrooms are.

2. Thomas

Thomas Morel Enthusiast

As you can see in the pictures above. My family and I have found a few over the past days. Still deep in the woods, heading back to southern Mississippi tomorrow. So no more mushrooms for us after the morning. It was a good vacation and we found mushrooms, still think next week will be hot for mushrooms in Carroll county Tennessee.

June Bugg and (deleted member) like this.
  3. DougQ514

DougQ514 Young Morel

I’m new to morel hunting and live in Williamson county. Can anyone give me some general help with areas I can forage?

1 person likes this.
  4. Mooglemike

Mooglemike Young Morel

My wife and I are brand new to morel foraging, and spent a few hours today at 3 different spots in Williamson county with no luck. We would love to join anyone on their hunts that know the area. I know that morel spots are jealously guarded, so I dont know how much luck I will have with this request lol.

1 person likes this.
  5. ScarlettB

ScarlettB Young Morel

I was hiking/hunting on my farm in Marshall Co. But I thinking of shaking some bushes here in Williamson Co.

1 person likes this.
  6. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Thomas and (deleted member) like this.
  7. HawkeyeMerkels

HawkeyeMerkels Morel Connoisseur

Thomas, Sure does look like You & the Fam had a Great Va-cay! Take care back home & Thanks for the reports/pics!!

Thomas and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Tried a few new spots today in Williamson County and came up empty. Went back to normal spot and got 35 ( mix of blacks and yellows). Blacks were fully mature, while some of the yellows looked like they just popped. They're still out there!
    20190416_150130.jpg

9. JHall0875

JHall0875 Morel Enthusiast

Thanks for pics and update found few black couple weeks ago here in Bristol hopefully today. more then the 10 I found. good luck and happy hunting I've got the bug gotta hit woods lol

Robinsmorels and Jesco11 like this.
  10. JHall0875

JHall0875 Morel Enthusiast

Morels are extremely hard to see especially blacks but when yellows come up which should be now they are much easier to see. I squat down and look all around me and always look behind u because might be under something and u couldn't see from the other angle Dying or no more the couple years dead elm trees best bet. or yellow poplar (tulip trees) but these alive better. Older forest and trees best. old apple orchards are great if not to old Good luck I'm In Sullivan co TN come hunt

Robinsmorels and Jesco11 like this.
  11. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Got 8 yellows at our same spot today. Most seemed fresh... maybe 1 more week left on season here?

12. Jacoblarrison

Jacoblarrison Young Morel

Just moved down to Tennessee from Northern Michigan last year. Has anyone ever had any luck in Rutherford County? And if so, would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction to some potential spots? I noticed a lot of the indicators are similar down here, just different species of trees to identify, do trilliums pop up down this way much?

13. Jesco11

Jesco11 Morel Enthusiast

Found 8 yellows on Tuesday in Williamson County. Most seemed fresh.

Jacob, yes I've seen trillium that were blooming...also the tulip poplar sprouts. Was told these are good indicators for start of morel season

14. JessieJames

JessieJames Young Morel

Gonna try and go out in the morning

15. JessieJames

JessieJames Young Morel

And start out around cedar forest state park

16. June Bugg

June Bugg Young Morel

Anyone have any luck out by cedar Grove and papers crossroads

17. JessieJames

JessieJames Young Morel

You mean Tucker’s Crossroads June Bugg ? Do you live in Wilson county or hunt around here ?

18. June Bugg

June Bugg Young Morel

I'm near Jackson and Lexington Tennessee. Am I too late this year

19. June Bugg

June Bugg Young Morel

Pakers crossroads