Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm up to about 150 on the season. My main spots are still only fruiting on the outsides. I'm thinking this weekends warm rains will finish the season strong around wednesday-friday next week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Went back to my initial spot where I’ve gotten 100 total found 8 more! I know that it for that spot with 108 total! Also these were under water due to flood which had receded by the time I got em! Now back in the hunt reg spots now we are high temps and sunny moist soil which will switch back to 60s high rain and 40s- 50s low my guess perfect timing for normal timing as long as we do not get too much rain causing flooding!! Of course these lil morsels soaking due to sandy rock soil with ants!!
4379FD8F-1F2F-41EA-9516-CB159702DE81.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,927 Posts
Went back to my initial spot where I’ve gotten 100 total found 8 more! I know that it for that spot with 108 total! Also these were under water due to flood which had receded by the time I got em! Now back in the hunt reg spots now we are high temps and sunny moist soil which will switch back to 60s high rain and 40s- 50s low my guess perfect timing for normal timing as long as we do not get too much rain causing flooding!! Of course these lil morsels soaking due to sandy rock soil with ants!! View attachment 26154
Timmy you do a really good job of Reporting everything for us, clearly and Easy to understand and Follow along with ..
Thank You so Very Very Much..Sir
for Helping All of us...

·
Registered
1 Posts
How are you guys finding so many? I tend to only find one here and one there. I’ve had a few spots where I found 5-6 but then that’s it. It frustrates me!

·
Registered
70 Posts
How are you guys finding so many? I tend to only find one here and one there. I’ve had a few spots where I found 5-6 but then that’s it. It frustrates me!
Yea that happens to me too! It all depends on conditions I found my first honey hole in a spot that never produced more than 20 this yr a 100, you’ll learn to just go hunt see what you get otherwise you’ll drive yourself bonkers trying to predict;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want to share with y’all what happened to me in this morning’s hike. I was only hiking for a coworker who loves wild mushrooms but never tasted nor found a morel before, also we hunted on her friends land! Upon arriving I noticed a creek with good trees, so decided to look there first! After an hour still no luck, I spotted a mature and too dried to pick, there were two of same condition;) Finally started find few here, there total 9 picked! I told her she could have them as I wanted her to experience them even I found 8 of the 9, the point was to share and educate. She let me leave out the drive first because she had to close the gate. I pulled out to road and noticed a FLUSH of morels, I about Died! I pulled over, let my friend drive around me told I was going to call my husband, she waived goodbye to me, then I grabbed my bag started picking! The crazy thing is they were right off side of a road that had gravel put down recently! I thanked the good Lord for my find, my reward for sharing;)

·
Super Moderator
1,927 Posts
Yea that happens to me too! It all depends on conditions I found my first honey hole in a spot that never produced more than 20 this yr a 100, you’ll learn to just go hunt see what you get otherwise you’ll drive yourself bonkers trying to predict;)
yep..."The Mystery Will Always Be"
and..."You Won't Know if You Don't Go"
and... My, how we all love Our Mystery

121 - 140 of 146 Posts