Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
261 - 279 of 279 Posts
If you are talking about going up to Door County Saturday, my wife and I are heading up tomorrow. Ill post how we did. Im not sure what we will find up there, but its a hike in the woods, a picnic, and Door County Brewery (and maybe One Barrel as well) on the way home with a few growlers. It wont be bad no matter what happens.
When I said it wont be bad no matter what...I was wrong. Rain...lots of rain. My wife and I looked for about three hours in heavy downpour and found a whopping one morel. We would have been drier had we jumped, fully clothed, into a lake. We may try again in a week, this time paying more attention to the forecast!

When I said it wont be bad no matter what...I was wrong. Rain...lots of rain. My wife and I looked for about three hours in heavy downpour and found a whopping one morel. We would have been drier had we jumped, fully clothed, into a lake. We may try again in a week, this time paying more attention to the forecast!
Sunday should be a good day to look after all the rain you experienced I'll let you know how we do!! We really enjoy the north woods in late May

Cuisine Dish Food Ingredient Produce
Cuisine Dish Food Ingredient Fu ling

A Plateful of Pleasantries and a Basket Full of Beauties. Found these today in some nasty terrain: a lot of fallen timber, wet mossy stumps, and under ripe old elm after yesterday's rain. There was a mixture of Silvers (greys) and Golds (blondes). Yeah, it's work crawling over the trash but look at those colors! Got very wet and bloody pounding through buckthorn and russian olive to get to the targets. Great time!! Love it!!

View attachment 35152 View attachment 35154
A Plateful of Pleasantries and a Basket Full of Beauties. Found these today in some nasty terrain: a lot of fallen timber, wet mossy stumps, and under ripe old elm after yesterday's rain. There was a mixture of Silvers (greys) and Golds (blondes). Yeah, it's work crawling over the trash but look at those colors! Got very wet and bloody pounding through buckthorn and russian olive to get to the targets. Great time!! Love it!!
Nice find,if it were easy everyone would be in the woods!!!How far north are you

Sunday should be a good day to look after all the rain you experienced I'll let you know how we do!! We really enjoy the north woods in late May
Found about 3pounds Sunday in Marinette county , With all that happening around this great country I feel blessed that I can drive to this beautiful state find a batch of morels life is good

I haven't been out much. weird year for me, been doing other stuff. We did manage to spend about an hour driving around and found a nice bunch at one 4" dying elm. made for a nice meal on a ribeye. will get after them tomorrow.

pics wouldn't load from my hosting site....hmmm. link to smugmug saying spam.....???

Attachments

Bring back a few 4-packs of Hacienda beer, and I will happily buy them from you if you are passing through southeastern Wisconsin.
You have good taste in beer my friend! We didnt end up stopping by the brewery due to being so wet and not presentable. The good news is I think we are doing it all over again this Thursday, so if you are serious about that, Id pick some up and figure out the best way to meet up. If so, send me a private message and we can work out the details.

Update to others I have sent. Lilly of the Valley stolen from my neighbors yard shown. Clearly different than Ramps. Ramps will provide a bulb, which gets larger as they grow early in spring. Lilly of the Valley later in spring with No bulb, all roots. This picture is taken 5 weeks later than the ramps. AGAIN, do your research on wild edibles BEFORE you eat, regardless what you think they may be. Be safe and Eat well. ITW
Well folks....I'm still alive at this moment in time. I wish you well. Enjoy!

261 - 279 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.