2020 Chanterelle

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Mushroom Geologist, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mushroom Geologist

Mushroom Geologist Morel Connoisseur

For sure cinnabars, Good find.

2. Mushroom Geologist

Nearly filled a 2.5 gallon bucket up of morels (meant to say chanterelles) yesterday. They are blooming like crazy here after the rains a few days ago. Unfortunately no rain in the forecast over the next 10 days.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Jackmo11 likes this.

3. Jackmo11

Jackmo11 Morel Enthusiast

I didn't think morels were so active with temperatures this high. Will have to keep a closer eye out for those throughout the summer as well.

4. Mushroom Geologist

LOL. Meant to say chanterelles.

5. Jackmo11

That makes more sense. Haha. Nice job! My Dad cooked up a handful of cinnabars and said they were delicious...first time he and my mom had ever had them. He found some yellow chanterelles as well that look like the Texas Native. I plan to head east the next time they get some decent rain.

6. Ari Morilla

Ari Morilla Morel Enthusiast

Pics please! :)

7. Ross Gehlhausen

Ross Gehlhausen Young Morel

I found these today. The ones on the right are definitely chanterelles. The ones on the left seemed like they had truer gills and they were also more brown on top. Please help in identifying.

Attached Files:

Ari Morilla likes this.
  8. Mushroom Geologist

When in doubt throw them out. They don't look like chants to me. Not sure what they are.

9. Mushroom Geologist

No dam rain and no chanterelles. Ran in the forecast for next weekend. Hoping for the best.

Jackmo11 likes this.
  10. Mushroom Geologist

Dry Dry Dry. The rain we got a week ago was just not enough to get chanterelles to pop up in mass. Just a few here and there. More rain in the forecast. Hopefully a good one and not a weak shower.

11. Jackmo11

Remind me where you're at? I'm heading to Mineola and Lindale right now and was hoping there was enough rain over the past few days in Mineola to spur some growth.