Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Remind me where you're at? I'm heading to Mineola and Lindale right now and was hoping there was enough rain over the past few days in Mineola to spur some growth.

Dry Dry Dry. The rain we got a week ago was just not enough to get chanterelles to pop up in mass. Just a few here and there. More rain in the forecast. Hopefully a good one and not a weak shower.

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Never searched for Chanterelles before, but I found several of these on my property. Can anyone tell me what they are please? Thanks
Those are chanterelles for sure. Better eating than morels...or so my wife says. They have less of an earthy/nutty flavor and more of a mellow kinda fruity flavor.

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well it has been a dry and crappy chanterelle season for me. When we get rain, we don't get enough or we don't have a follow up rain a day or two after to get chants to grow. Finally we are going to see a few days of rain so we may get some growth soon but weather forecast is now calling for cooler temps in the 70's next week. Not so good for chants.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.