Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Nearly filled a 2.5 gallon bucket up of morels (meant to say chanterelles) yesterday. They are blooming like crazy here after the rains a few days ago. Unfortunately no rain in the forecast over the next 10 days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nearly filled a 2.5 gallon bucket up of morels yesterday. They are blooming like crazy here after the rains a few days ago. Unfortunately no rain in the forecast over the next 10 days.
I didn't think morels were so active with temperatures this high. Will have to keep a closer eye out for those throughout the summer as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LOL. Meant to say chanterelles.
That makes more sense. Haha. Nice job! My Dad cooked up a handful of cinnabars and said they were delicious...first time he and my mom had ever had them. He found some yellow chanterelles as well that look like the Texas Native. I plan to head east the next time they get some decent rain.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dry Dry Dry. The rain we got a week ago was just not enough to get chanterelles to pop up in mass. Just a few here and there. More rain in the forecast. Hopefully a good one and not a weak shower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Remind me where you're at? I'm heading to Mineola and Lindale right now and was hoping there was enough rain over the past few days in Mineola to spur some growth.

Dry Dry Dry. The rain we got a week ago was just not enough to get chanterelles to pop up in mass. Just a few here and there. More rain in the forecast. Hopefully a good one and not a weak shower.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well it has been a dry and crappy chanterelle season for me. When we get rain, we don't get enough or we don't have a follow up rain a day or two after to get chants to grow. Finally we are going to see a few days of rain so we may get some growth soon but weather forecast is now calling for cooler temps in the 70's next week. Not so good for chants.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts