Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Happy Spring, bromigos!
Wade - i have a garlic question:
What is the best variety of garlic to plant in the spring(missed planting it again last fall due to waterfowl season)?

Reactions: wade

·
Super Moderator
1,944 Posts
gou can still plant any type you want and they will still make..but plant now or soon asap 4 - 6 inches deep ...12 inches apart

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's supposedly on in southern Illinois, which would make them about 10 days early on average:

Even if the sighting isn't legit (not saying it is or it isn't), it's about time down there.

The trend is for the northern Illinois temps to be above average through next week. If the trend continues we could have an early start as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's supposedly on in southern Illinois, which would make them about 10 days early on average:

Even if the sighting isn't legit (not saying it is or it isn't), it's about time down there.

The trend is for the northern Illinois temps to be above average through next week. If the trend continues we could have an early start as well.
Ya I’m thinking beginning of April or so for my spots maybe first weekend

·
Registered
230 Posts
12 inches apart
I am planting raised beds. Do you think that planting closer will have a negative effect on yield?
Ya I’m thinking beginning of April or so for my spots maybe first weekend
Take a thermometer. And "don't forget to take a towel".

·
Super Moderator
1,944 Posts
I am planting raised beds. Do you think that planting closer will have a negative effect on yield?
Take a thermometer. And "don't forget to take a towel".
6-8-10 if fine. 12" allows an easy working width between plants ..
6" will effect and have less yeild

·
Registered
230 Posts
8" it is then. I have a pound each of Killarney Red and Georgia Crystal on the way.

It's been snowing most of the day in NE IL - but it ain't stickin'. We will have at least a month of seed starting, garlic planting, sausage making, and fish smoking before the mighty morel ravages our agenda for a few weeks.

21 - 40 of 268 Posts