2020 Illinois finds and question

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Tool fan, Feb 6, 2020.

1. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

If they counted deaths every year for the flu, it would freak out every year. Hope they don't tank the economy to the point where riots occur. I am 60 and would gladly stay at home or in my car or the timber, then all the young could go about life. Only in retrospect will we know what the right thing to do was. Eventually we all will need some type of herd immunity to anything new, or it will just keep repeating. Happy shrooming. We may go your route here in Mo. also, but I don't see why 10 people in 3000 acres can matter.

2. Already Gone

Already Gone Morel Connoisseur

Slippin' into the woods should be acceptable. Contact with other humans - not so much.

Anyone who does not take this seriously does it at their own peril - and worse, at the peril of others.

If you intend to go about your social lifestyle, a truck should hit you first. It's about others!

3. Tool fan

Tool fan Morel Connoisseur

D54FA2D7-7D9D-4AFB-B526-2C371EBF93AD.png

2 people like this.
  4. Tool fan

4BB41FB0-F65D-4736-8AFF-85CD218481C8.png fbs finds so far

2 people like this.
  5. Already Gone

They are coming.
    Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes.
    We are weeks away up here. Best of luck to my southern brothers and sisters!

Don't forget the tick repellent.

6. Almost There

Almost There Young Morel

chicken of justice.jpg

1 person likes this.
  7. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Careful with your post there or the diversity police will be on you like ________ on rice.

1 person likes this.
  8. Already Gone

So Colonel Prescott was a racist?!? You read something that was not there.

9. MRFCookCounty

MRFCookCounty Morel Enthusiast

Anyone in Northern Illinois see any Stinging Nettle while out on a walk about? I know it's not a mushroom question...

10. Tool fan

11. Already Gone

The dog, quad, and i covered about four miles of prime territory today and saw nothing green over one inch tall.

As long as it is legal to "get groceries", it should be legal to forage. Way safer - better, too.

1 person likes this.
  12. Already Gone

Sorry - we were about a mile north of the Ronny Raygun.

13. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Watched it today. Pretty fascinating movie. Rented it for the $4.95. Thought I had wasted my money since it took a few attempts to get it to stream properly, but eventually it did. If you dig shrooms, it's well worth watching. Mind you, this is not a "mushroom hunting" video! It's a lot more than that.

Turns out there's a lot of deep scientific research going into mushrooms and how they interact with their ecosystem. Thought I knew something about mycology. Turns out I really knew very little!

Talk about a small world. In the film Paul Stamets mentions that he grew up in Columbiana, OH. That's a neat little town about a half hour drive from me in NE Ohio. His research has developed mycologically based insect repellents and killers that work on termites, ants, and other destructive pests. He has also developed a mycelium based product to help prevent the collapse of honey bee hives! Turns out the mushroom mycelia have anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.

The dude is brilliant, as is the director of the film. I doubt it will be nominated for many Oscars, but I heartily recommend it.

14. Tool fan

Paul has several videos on utube worth watching also

3 people like this.
  15. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Being sarcastic dude. Sorry my meaning eluded you. I am personally sick to death of all the diversity for the sake of diversity garbage.

2 people like this.
  16. Already Gone

Your meaning eluded no one.

1 person likes this.
  17. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Guess your reply eluded me then. Just a little humor in a freaked out world.

18. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Really;
    because im still tryn to figure this one out

Tool fan likes this.
  19. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

One of the problems with the web and texting. That's why I call people on the phone if at all possible. Hope you fill sacks,and that is my wish for one and all this and any morel season. God bless America the land of the free.

2 people like this.
  20. Toastyjakes

Toastyjakes Morel Connoisseur

Getting closer for central Illinois... Went out and did some scouting in the warmth and sunshine of yesterday's beautiful day.. ground temps hit 60s yesterday as air temps hit 72 right after a nice thunderstorm...

Didn't find anything but signs lol small sapling trees starting to get their leaves in, most others budding, lots of nice green moss and a few new forming crust fungi and some smaller toadstools... We are soooo close i can almost smell them
    Remember to tell your beggar friends y'all:
    Resized_Screenshot_20200327-193553_Facebook.jpeg

1 person likes this.