Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the latest progress map from the Illinois Morel Mushrooms FB page. In southern Illinois, they're finding yellows and blacks at this point. Here in northern Illinois, we've had more than adequate rains so far and relatively normal temperatures are forecast for this week. The next two weeks will be what determines when the northern Illinois kick-off is, but I'm guessing the Grundy County/southern Will county strip pits and mine tailings would start producing a few in around two weeks and maybe another 3 (more or less) for the rest of northern Illinois is my guess. In short, an "average" starting date at this point, but I'm just having fun guessing until it's time to hit the woods...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is anyone on here from the richland county area. I’m new to this area and would like to know some places to go other than the parks since we can’t go to them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm beginning to think this could be an early year, judging from the previous post and the above-normal temps forecast for the next week. South of Chicago I'm finding chives, ramps and clusters of garlic mustard, which started showing up last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Took a trip into the woods after work for a quick peak as they have become very green in the last couple days... Leaves starting, grass growing, surprisingly mayapples are up and good sized already.. and then I ran into it and am here to tell you, I'll be on the woods everyday this week lol
IMG_20200403_131537485.jpg
IMG_20200403_131550455.jpg
IMG_20200403_130931918_HDR.jpg

81 - 100 of 268 Posts