Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

101 - 120 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Public land in Illinois closed and conservation police writing tickets as well as ticketing trespassers on private ground

·
Registered
93 Posts
According to IDNR certain federal land is closed. Google "IDNR current dnr closures". For some reason I wasn't allowed to post the link on here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey all, I've been in the state for one year and I'm hoping to branch out this season and find some new spots. Has anyone had luck along the Iroquois River or just over the board in Willow slough or LaSalle? The spots I found last year are closed being on state land. Last year we went north to some topography, not much of that around here.

The above question about fed land. Not all fed land is closed. It is misleading on the state page. Mostly historic sites, campgrounds and day use areas are closed and the forest are assessing daily. General access is still permitted, but best to call the local office ahead to insure the area you plan to go is open. As it stands the Fed offices remain open, but are not letting people in the buildings at most locations.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hey all, I've been in the state for one year and I'm hoping to branch out this season and find some new spots. Has anyone had luck along the Iroquois River or just over the board in Willow slough or LaSalle? The spots I found last year are closed being on state land. Last year we went north to some topography, not much of that around here.

The above question about fed land. Not all fed land is closed. It is misleading on the state page. Mostly historic sites, campgrounds and day use areas are closed and the forest are assessing daily. General access is still permitted, but best to call the local office ahead to insure the area you plan to go is open. As it stands the Fed offices remain open, but are not letting people in the buildings at most locations.
Ty for the information and I’ve never hunted in that area so sorry I’m no help to you

·
Registered
230 Posts
Seen a video of thumb size grays in the quad cities didn’t say city but I will be checking my earliest spot and will have to go @wade mode for this one will let you know
Don't forget the TP. Not for what you are thinking, though.
You can use it to bribe the local constabulary in case of apprehension.

101 - 120 of 268 Posts