Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

2821 - 2840 of 2854 Posts

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
I commend all of you that have the courage to endure the heat, summer vegetation, which in my area can include nettles knee high, along with what I call swamp butt due to having to wear long pants in the heat. I usually hunt Northern Michigan and many may think it is nutty but I wear shorts unless the temps. are too cool. All of you are mushroom warriors, I read your posts and commentary frequently. Shroom on my friends

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
I commend all of you that have the courage to endure the heat, summer vegetation, which in my area can include nettles knee high, along with what I call swamp butt due to having to wear long pants in the heat. I usually hunt Northern Michigan and many may think it is nutty but I wear shorts unless the temps. are too cool. All of you are mushroom warriors, I read your posts and commentary frequently. Shroom on my friends
May I call you D.J. ?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I wear shorts about half the time this time of year too. I do wear long pants on any given day I am freaked out by snakes. I have this innate ability to walk up on all kinds of wildlife, and snakes are one of them. Big snakes.
Man I just don't love seeing em. Not in the mushroom patches! LOL

We call it swamp @$$, my brother used to called it "SWASS." haha

·
Super Moderator
1,911 Posts
Well I’m having shroom with draws have not been in the woods for about a week been on call going to hit it hard starting Monday Good Luck Shrooming everyone
Yep @Kokomorel and everyone i too want to be back in the wood..
And i intend to hunt for chantrells today..
I've been focused on the Farm for 2 months and Right now cleaning up and tuning up Our old 1954 Ford NAA
Man I have so many piles of projects at home and farm to do..
I'm tryn to get back into the wood

·
Super Moderator
1,911 Posts
I just remembered this crazy mushroom dream from last night..
There in the woods near a creek, but hidden some what in the tall patches of under Growth...
Was big fluffy pure white foam puffs,
Like cheese puff snacks..but these where white and like 2ft tall fluffy almost floating away..as they sway with the wind...and mingle in with them..
Huge and so so fresh MORELS...
Like a foot and a half tall...
I even cut um in half to confirm they where Morels..
I can't remember where I was exactly

·
Registered
228 Posts
Koko's into them hard so I decided to look behind my house. Found 5 areas with chants and picked maybe 6. Also found a gorgeous snake, about 4' long. Think it's a bull snake.
All right, you guys got me going. I have time Saturday, going to fish but come he’ll or high water I’m looking for some mushrooms.
I think that might be a black rat snake, found a juvenile early this spring then one of the parents on my patio
550AF076-BB0B-449C-B5A6-82B7E5E21992.jpeg

2821 - 2840 of 2854 Posts