Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

2841 - 2860 of 2911 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,926 Posts
All right, you guys got me going. I have time Saturday, going to fish but come he’ll or high water I’m looking for some mushrooms.
I think that might be a black rat snake, found a juvenile early this spring then one of the parents on my patio View attachment 36384
Yep, likewise I've found a baby a couple days ago...we both saw one another at and startled one another at the same second.. it turn an disappeared quicker than I could realize it was only a little rat snake

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Same here, most of the ones I passed over are now brown and starting to rot. This is my first chanterelle season—do they come and go in a few weeks like morels, or do new ones continue to pop up?
That's a good question perhaps @Kokomorel could maybe could comment on?

It's also my first chant season, but for some reason I thought chants persists longer than morels. IMO

·
Registered
687 Posts
@noskydaddy @ShroomerDan chantrelles will keep growing new mushrooms as long as the conditions stay good for them. In Minnesota last year i was picking them in july and was still finding them in September. Not sure on your season there hopefully this help you guys.
Very good! That was my understanding too. We got rain and after about 2 days, I went out and am starting to see new growth.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Went out today with a friend and not much going on.

I think it's still just too dry. Not sure the cool had much deterrence.
Moisture however seems to be the issue.

2841 - 2860 of 2911 Posts