2901 - 2920 of 2941 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Paw Paw Ice Cream

Very, flavorible, if ripe.

DSC03919.JPG

Paw Paw Ice Cream

2 cups pawpaw pulp (or more, if you have it)
1 cup sugar
2 cups cream
2 cups milk

Combine the pawpaw and sugar. Stir in the cream and milk. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according the manufacturer’s directions.

Note: Vanilla, walnuts, and other flavors and ingredients work well with pawpaw. But if this is your first batch, try it plain and to let the pawpaw stand on its own.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Paw Paw Ice Cream

Very, flavorible, if ripe.

View attachment 36645

View attachment 36648

View attachment 36647

Paw Paw Ice Cream

2 cups pawpaw pulp (or more, if you have it)
1 cup sugar
2 cups cream
2 cups milk

Combine the pawpaw and sugar. Stir in the cream and milk. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according the manufacturer’s directions.

Note: Vanilla, walnuts, and other flavors and ingredients work well with pawpaw. But if this is your first batch, try it plain and to let the pawpaw stand on its own.
Very cool, i know of a couple of patches of paw paw trees, hard to get to them before the critters do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Found some chicken of the woods today Was not even looking for them I was putting up a tree stand today they were right behind it View attachment 36652
Man, great find! I’m always on the lookout for those but it’s hard to find them in prime condition.
Also, anyone seen any maitakes yet? When do they typically show up in Indiana?
It’s been pretty slim pickings here in NWI since the chants dried up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Man, great find! I’m always on the lookout for those but it’s hard to find them in prime condition.
Also, anyone seen any maitakes yet? When do they typically show up in Indiana?
It’s been pretty slim pickings here in NWI since the chants dried up.
I'm in the NE corner of the state and I've found several hens so far but they are drying up before they grow up! just found some fresh chickens yesterday. they were dripping wet. these shrooms have a way of pulling the moisture out of the tree because it is bone dry in the woods.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally got some good maitakes! I found 6 yesterday and left 2 to grow. Went back today and they were perfect size.
The other 4 were a little too old and tough, I’m gonna see if I can dry and powder them or something else. I was a little miffed because I was checking the one tree pretty regularly and somehow they popped up and got too big. They must grow fast.

2901 - 2920 of 2941 Posts