Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got in from a hike. The only thing I noticed was some honeysuckle was turning green. No Redbud action yet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Did some trail clearing on my Hart county farm today and couldn’t resist the temptation to check on 2 of my early producing black patches. Nothing big enough to see in the leaf litter so I backed out after a few minutes. Will check again after this week’s rains.

·
Super Moderator
1,932 Posts
yep..Tobaca..was a Huge part of my life as a younger Man.. from my teen years up t bout 33 years old..
Raised 30 acre every year..
i know how to Handle it..all the way to Top Dollar on the Floor Every Time.
it was a big choice to let it all go..
when ya know so much about it and Love it and Lived it..side by side with family and friends.. it was hard work and Good work.. an Amazing Enjoyable Life

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really hated the stripping of tobacco it was a nasty job being in a stripping room with hardly any heat so the tobacco wouldn’t go out of case and back in the day before bailing you tied it in hands . I wish dirty jobs had been around back then mid seventies would made a good episode.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I really hated the stripping of tobacco it was a nasty job being in a stripping room with hardly any heat so the tobacco wouldn’t go out of case and back in the day before bailing you tied it in hands . I wish dirty jobs had been around back then mid seventies would made a good episode.
One Saturday when I was a Senior in high school I went from my cross country meet straight to the barn to hang tobacco. My mom was so mad at me for ruining my sweats that day. Coach wasn’t to happy either!

·
Super Moderator
1,932 Posts
Yes @Pongo805 and Everyone
the Reality of Real People Respect and Ethics, Real Friends that would work as hard and fast as possible, Right beside you thru Early morning dew till stoppn for lunch, prepared by a wife that was also working all morning but stopped at 10:00am to have a table full by Noon, of all Homemade Beans, cornbread, rip tomato ketchup. Green beans, cabbage, porkchops, mountain oysters, Roast potato & carrots ..
Giant glasses of Sweet tea.
fresh outa the oven...
Coconut cream pie 5" tall
and thats the short list there was more and more Every day Every day..
Then Everyone Right back at till the sun would drop..or work on into the night a bit
Never letting up never slowing down.
Always leaning forward faster faster
handling and calling every plant or leaf and every move you made perfectly handled
Usually sleep pretty good after that ..
then back up at 6:00am to do it again
damm right it was hard and good.
but still the best life, it was Great
Seldom do you meet anyone now a dayz
that has any real understanding of what really Honest hard work is..
Thank You to Everyone for talking about Tobaca with me..
Thank You

1 - 20 of 463 Posts