Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 187 Posts
Wow. That’s like one of those how many mushrooms do you see pics. I think I saw 13? Found a few blacks in Powhatan yesterday and one yellow
This weekend will probably be as good as it gets for Powhatan this year

Bottle Glass bottle Product Mason jar Drink
We also Love Bottle Hunting..and often find early Morels while doing so..
I have some old ditch dump sites that I've always wanted to Carefully Excavate ..like a foot deep and just keep throwing what i dig behind me as we go through it throughly
Found these 3 today at an old home site. Clorox, Choc-O Chocolate and ?. Oh yeah, I did find 1 black morel.

Went today after work; found 2 nice greys low on the hill, 2 half morels, and quite a few small/medium ones a bit higher up.
Hoping the rain coming up the next few days will bring some good sized ones.
Brought enough home to make some mini pizza's!
(also found an old sprite bottle and an odd shaped brown bottle, soaking the dirt out of them now haha)

Attachments

Here's another of the ones my wife and I found the other day, gonna try to go again this afternoon View attachment 26382
That is awesome.. Wow.
I can't seem to get my wife to want to get in the woods with me (only recently got her baiting her own hook! haha).

I'm likely near you guys, so hopefully I can find my way into something similar, my jaw would be hanging hard. I'm in Bedford but the hills I'm on don't look that green yet; should I be trying to get on top (1000-1500') or more down in the valley/creek areas? Mostly poplar around.

Edit: I see maybe not as much luck today Percy. You try a different spot or just hit/miss maybe? (only my 2nd season so just learning, sorry haha)

Went today after work; found 2 nice greys low on the hill, 2 half morels, and quite a few small/medium ones a bit higher up.
Hoping the rain coming up the next few days will bring some good sized ones.
(also found an old sprite bottle and an odd shaped brown bottle, soaking the dirt out of them now haha)
what ever was it that got Yall started Over there with the Merkeld Pizzas tradition?
I thought is was just something @barndog
liked to do..now i here it Elsewhere ?

That is awesome.. Wow.
I can't seem to get my wife to want to get in the woods with me (only recently got her baiting her own hook! haha).

I'm likely near you guys, so hopefully I can find my way into something similar, my jaw would be hanging hard. I'm in Bedford but the hills I'm on don't look that green yet; should I be trying to get on top (1000-1500') or more down in the valley/creek areas? Mostly poplar around.

Edit: I see maybe not as much luck today Percy. You try a different spot or just hit/miss maybe? (only my 2nd season so just learning, sorry haha)
I went looking on my land yesterday (and maybe my neighbor's too ;))
I might have to steal that mini pizza idea, those look tasty!

what ever was it that got Yall started Over there with the Merkeld Pizzas tradition?
I thought is was just something @barndog
liked to do..now i here it Elsewhere ?
It's all my brother in law's fault for me, he's from Pennsylvania. He got me started hunting for them a few couple years ago and he is also an avid amateur pizza maker sooo... pizza with the merkelz is awesome!!

. . .Loved the "Morel Mini Pizzas" done in a cupcake pan. Thanks for posting.

. . .consider posting this again on the Mushroom Dinner Pics & Recipes forum. You'll find this forum listing under Fourms, Morel Country, Mushroom Dinner Pics & Recipes (2nd listing down). There is a category specifically for Morel pics and recipes. Thanks again, Turtle. Not everyone will see it under the Virginia forum.

41 - 60 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.