"How does this work? Do you slurry an existing find or somewhere new? How would you select a place? Did it work in just 1 year? How do you make it (#/sq ft or yard)?" It was trial and error. I've had a few work well, and some not at all over the course of about 3 years of observation at each site. I do tend to put them back in the same forest most of the time, in new areas, usually in an straight line, east to west. It depends on the forest, but I tend to start in a more south-central location in the woods where they get early morning sun. The one that worked best was a small park on a lake that had morels in other nearby woods in the same system, but separated by housing and roads, and on the other side of the lake. My process that has worked is pretty simple. I soak the mushrooms in water with molasses for a few hours. Then, I transfer the morels out, add ash right away and remove it from light. I usually get it back out to the forest within 24-48 hours. My best spot took 2 years to start...this is year 6. I've added elsewhere in the forest due N-S-E-W, and now I have growth from the southern border of the park all the way to the north, and from the western border to my spot. It started paying with half-free, which is what comes up most in NWI, but now it produces greys, peckers, yellows, and for the first time...blacks! I had two spots produce blacks this year, and they are the only spots that I've seen greys or blacks in that forest. I don't have any special plan when I put it down, other than looking for spots that look like they can host mushrooms. It appears to work best when I put it on the ground 6-8 feet from larger trees, with downed timber close by. I also like the tops of small slopes. I don't dump it all in one area, but rather a little here, and a little there in close proximity. I put it in a space of their own, and not on top of degrading wood...that has yet to work for me. A couple have worked when I put them around saplings. I will clear a small area, put some down, and COVER IT with a layer of dead leaves. 2 years in, the one spot paid with about 25 morels. I put down another 4-5 rounds and the next year, I found 117. This year I got somewhere around 500-600 out of there over the course of 4-5 days, and maybe 45-50 from another detached section on the other side of the lake that I started at the same time. That's without me even making it out to harvest yellows. There's one more section of woods separated by roads that doesn't produce. I planning to attempt to bring it to life starting next year. I've been disappointed many times by slurry not producing. I've only been doing the slurry for 6 years, and have had it work 4 times thus far in new areas (out of maybe 30 attempts around the area). I really just do it casually. Every time I find some morels, I do the same thing.