Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Tomorrow should be mushroom madness in NE Ohio!
Yeah. We got a storm that dumped better than an inch of rain. Next time I walked that ridge the played had literally exploded with 'shroom! Chants were everywhere I looked. Best thing about it is it's a 5 minute walk from where I park the truck! There's a path as wide as a sidewalk that runs along the ridge, and the Chants grow all along it! Easiest picking ever!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice that you're finding more chickens. We got about 2" of rain last Friday, a little bit more on Saturday, I got all the yard work cleared up around here Sunday and Monday, and went hunting today. And found absolutely nothing! Not a thing! Well, that's not entirely true. I did find a bunch of clumps of what appeared to be honey mushrooms around an oak tree. They were already fairly large and seeming to dry out. They must have sprouted when the rain started to fall.

I guess the next target it hens.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hocking County

All these colorful 'shrooms were found with 100 ft of the spring, when I was getting Spring Water yesterday.

Well, since you asked: 100 ft is about all I can get before I have to walk back to the spring to put a new bottle into the flow, to fill.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
A little mushroom micro-vignette. (Hocking County)

These micro-shrooms were growing out of a hickory nut.
DSC01731.JPG

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Teaberry (Hocking County)

Anyone remember Teaberry Chewing Gum?

Both the leaves and berry have that characteristic aroma & taste

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Hocking County
British Soldiers Lichen (Cladonia cristatella)
Next to a Teaberry and in arresting red bloom, this bloom was used to make a pink dye, once upon a time.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts