Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We travel daily and are not over 4 hours away from anywhere in the Midwest. Start around $40 Send a pic for quote.

We take care of our pickers and are the only buyer to offer last year customers in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin the opportunity to get up to $60 a pound with recent Stimulus Program Funds and State Eco Dev grants.

Selling to us relieves you from all future liability as we are the only dealer that is FSMA certified through the FDA and all of our Morels are processed in a USDA inspected facility. We are the only dealer that provides both of these legally required programs including traceability for both the seller and buyers safety and security as well as piece of mind.

Most are being found in cooler shaded areas such as under cedars ect I-80 and South. Get them while they are out as it appears to be a one shot year instead of 3 or 4 separate blooms as all areas are finding big net end of season yellows along with a few smaller. Morels are being found as far north as MI and MN but the season is not progressed enough to determine.馃崉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We travel daily and are not over 4 hours away from anywhere in the Midwest. Start around $40 Send a pic for quote.

We take care of our pickers and are the only buyer to offer last year customers in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin the opportunity to get up to $60 a pound with recent Stimulus Program Funds and State Eco Dev grants.

Selling to us relieves you from all future liability as we are the only dealer that is FSMA certified through the FDA and all of our Morels are processed in a USDA inspected facility. We are the only dealer that provides both of these legally required programs including traceability for both the seller and buyers safety and security as well as piece of mind.

Most are being found in cooler shaded areas such as under cedars ect I-80 and South. Get them while they are out as it appears to be a one shot year instead of 3 or 4 separate blooms as all areas are finding big net end of season yellows along with a few smaller. Morels are being found as far north as MI and MN but the season is not progressed enough to determine.馃崉
Please excuse my mis-spelling in the heading. It should read RECORD prices instead of RECORDED>my bad..spelling

Registered
$40 a lb. Fair wholesale price for perfect ones. Glad I am not buying on the other end. So if I get this right our taxes have been redistributed and are being used to inflate the price of morels. Perfect example of to much cash chasing to little product.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kb I cant believe that I am actually responding to one of your clueless posts again and I have never saw one person so confused as this is the second time but here goes. Maybe try reading something and then wait a day before you needlessly replying. Clearly you dont have things right. I pay around $40 a pound for fresh picked Morels from anyone anywhere-has nothing to do with anyones tax money or anything else other than simply supply and demand. I explained how it was a messed up year and good clean quality morels that dont have sand or dirt in them and none are rotting are in high demand. There are plenty of other non law abiding buyers who will pay you 25 a pound for anything you drag to them including flooded with raw sewage, wet, dirty, damaged, and rotting Morels that sell cheap morels. I was told and did not believe until I witnessed it myself in WI. where the sellers urinate on the morels while drinking beer around the campfire after hunting before the selling them to those buyers the next day. They said they do that to add weight to them because they dont feel the buyers treat them fair with their prices. Those buyers then sell those same morels to innocent unsuspecting individuals and businesses who dont have a clue. They have no way to trace where the morels were picked when someone gets sick and I dont want any part of any of that so I have always paid my pickers a fair and honest price. My customers appreciate clean fresh all useable morels that have been inspected and are traceable and worry and hassle free. They feel as I that you cant skimp on quality and you cant put a price on safety especially when it comes to food, If you have noticed each year those kind of buyers are fewer and fewer as they get charged for violating the laws and are put out of business. Back to your confusion. The Federal Government and some states have programs for business that follow the laws and they provide low interest loans and provide other resources so these businesses can help others maintain an income and thus take some of the burden off of the Governments and States and the other subsistence programs they have. Most educated Americans know this and understand its not a drop in the bucket when it comes to their expenditures not to mention a 4 trillion dollars deficit with a T. As for your tax dollars I dont see how. You dont live in any of the affected sates and the state you do live what little property tax dollars you spend go to the County and State. With your income it is impossible that you pay any income tax to the Feds. Maybe you would know these things if you didnt spend all your time trolling the boards. Word has been out for years how you troll for info and then go to the areas where the morels are being found and try to find some or buy other hunters morels then say you found them. Dont take my word for it just look at your past posts and the questions you ask unsuspecting hunters and it speaks for its self. BTW-your veiled threat in your last post was less than self-fulfilling. You didnt even answer the door. Your reply will not be answered as none provide any info. You can call or look me up.

Registered
kb I cant believe that I am actually responding to one of your clueless posts again and I have never saw one person so confused as this is the second time but here goes. Maybe try reading something and then wait a day before you needlessly replying. Clearly you dont have things right. I pay around $40 a pound for fresh picked Morels from anyone anywhere-has nothing to do with anyones tax money or anything else other than simply supply and demand. I explained how it was a messed up year and good clean quality morels that dont have sand or dirt in them and none are rotting are in high demand. There are plenty of other non law abiding buyers who will pay you 25 a pound for anything you drag to them including flooded with raw sewage, wet, dirty, damaged, and rotting Morels that sell cheap morels. I was told and did not believe until I witnessed it myself in WI. where the sellers urinate on the morels while drinking beer around the campfire after hunting before the selling them to those buyers the next day. They said they do that to add weight to them because they dont feel the buyers treat them fair with their prices. Those buyers then sell those same morels to innocent unsuspecting individuals and businesses who dont have a clue. They have no way to trace where the morels were picked when someone gets sick and I dont want any part of any of that so I have always paid my pickers a fair and honest price. My customers appreciate clean fresh all useable morels that have been inspected and are traceable and worry and hassle free. They feel as I that you cant skimp on quality and you cant put a price on safety especially when it comes to food, If you have noticed each year those kind of buyers are fewer and fewer as they get charged for violating the laws and are put out of business. Back to your confusion. The Federal Government and some states have programs for business that follow the laws and they provide low interest loans and provide other resources so these businesses can help others maintain an income and thus take some of the burden off of the Governments and States and the other subsistence programs they have. Most educated Americans know this and understand its not a drop in the bucket when it comes to their expenditures not to mention a 4 trillion dollars deficit with a T. As for your tax dollars I dont see how. You dont live in any of the affected sates and the state you do live what little property tax dollars you spend go to the County and State. With your income it is impossible that you pay any income tax to the Feds. Maybe you would know these things if you didnt spend all your time trolling the boards. Word has been out for years how you troll for info and then go to the areas where the morels are being found and try to find some or buy other hunters morels then say you found them. Dont take my word for it just look at your past posts and the questions you ask unsuspecting hunters and it speaks for its self. BTW-your veiled threat in your last post was less than self-fulfilling. You didnt even answer the door. Your reply will not be answered as none provide any info. You can call or look me up.
shroombuyer, If I was home I would have answered the door. Why didnt you check your so called tracker first. I think I met you once in my life. Sold you morels in Atchison over a decade ago. Never bought morels but once in my life from the mountains in July. I pick mine unlike you. How do you know my income? What is with the insults? I have paid federal taxes since I started working at 18. No confusion on my part. If the money comes from the Government than it is tax dollars being redistributed, and benefitting your business,not just the guys selling, an educated person would realize or at least admit this. Insults and whining seems what you are best at. I hope the real pickers have a good season so you non pickers can benefit from it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shroombuyer, If I was home I would have answered the door. Why didnt you check your so called tracker first. I think I met you once in my life. Sold you morels in Atchison over a decade ago. Never bought morels but once in my life from the mountains in July. I pick mine unlike you. How do you know my income? What is with the insults? I have paid federal taxes since I started working at 18. No confusion on my part. If the money comes from the Government than it is tax dollars being redistributed, and benefitting your business,not just the guys selling, an educated person would realize or at least admit this. Insults and whining seems what you are best at. I hope the real pickers have a good season so you non pickers can benefit from it.
I said I wouldnt reply but here I am. I have not a clue about what you are referring to by your saying "check your tracker" The only tracker I have ever mentioned was a tracking feature on this website that tracks its users. My cell phone did indicate your internet was on but many leave internet on for alarm systems and cameras. In my first post under ANNOUNCEMENTS I spoke of how the seasons used to be where I hunted as a kid. The reason I began buying and selling Morels was because I knew what Morels sold for and I didnt like the buyers paying me $6 a pound and selling them for $20. I grew up picking Morels and I continue to pick once or twice a year but my health condition limits my ability. And you are flat wrong on money coming from the Government and tax dollars being redistributed. The Feds simply provide guarantees on the low interest loans and the States provide grants from funds that were established for economic development in the state which results in more tax dollars for them. Again the expenditures to provide these programs are minimal and clearly it benefits both the Fed and States or they would not do them. People working and earning an income reduces their dependency on both Federal and State programs I agree both throw or give away alot of money but its not the case in this instance. I apologize if you feel I insulted you as it was not my intention and I was simply stating fact. I am unable to reply to your accusation of "whining" as I saw no instance of such and I havent a clue what you are referring to.

You will be glad to hear that the most Morels of the year were picked last week. And just in time as the large area of freeze forecasted for Tuesday that covers the entire Midwest is sure to have a negative affect on the Morels regardless of what stage the season is at in any location. The weather didnt use to fluctuate in extremes like it does now and insects of all kinds used to be everywhere. Plus there was ten times the acreage to hunt on. Rarely does it get so humid that one can smell the Morels like it did years ago. I have learned to cherish the things I used to take for granted. Our Redbud trees have been in bloom for 4 weeks and the Lilacs have began to bloom here in NE KS. Normally this would be the peak of season and I just yesterday picked 3 Morels on my end of season tree who has been right on the season ending for fourteen years...

Registered
I said I wouldnt reply but here I am. I have not a clue about what you are referring to by your saying "check your tracker" The only tracker I have ever mentioned was a tracking feature on this website that tracks its users. My cell phone did indicate your internet was on but many leave internet on for alarm systems and cameras. In my first post under ANNOUNCEMENTS I spoke of how the seasons used to be where I hunted as a kid. The reason I began buying and selling Morels was because I knew what Morels sold for and I didnt like the buyers paying me $6 a pound and selling them for $20. I grew up picking Morels and I continue to pick once or twice a year but my health condition limits my ability. And you are flat wrong on money coming from the Government and tax dollars being redistributed. The Feds simply provide guarantees on the low interest loans and the States provide grants from funds that were established for economic development in the state which results in more tax dollars for them. Again the expenditures to provide these programs are minimal and clearly it benefits both the Fed and States or they would not do them. People working and earning an income reduces their dependency on both Federal and State programs I agree both throw or give away alot of money but its not the case in this instance. I apologize if you feel I insulted you as it was not my intention and I was simply stating fact. I am unable to reply to your accusation of "whining" as I saw no instance of such and I havent a clue what you are referring to.

You will be glad to hear that the most Morels of the year were picked last week. And just in time as the large area of freeze forecasted for Tuesday that covers the entire Midwest is sure to have a negative affect on the Morels regardless of what stage the season is at in any location. The weather didnt use to fluctuate in extremes like it does now and insects of all kinds used to be everywhere. Plus there was ten times the acreage to hunt on. Rarely does it get so humid that one can smell the Morels like it did years ago. I have learned to cherish the things I used to take for granted. Our Redbud trees have been in bloom for 4 weeks and the Lilacs have began to bloom here in NE KS. Normally this would be the peak of season and I just yesterday picked 3 Morels on my end of season tree who has been right on the season ending for fourteen years...
Yeah, an in season freeze is never good. Dang. A lot of stuff was blowing up in places. Some rivers were going and the hills were setting up good. We were wet the temps looked good. A lot of folks will be disappointed. I guess the price will go up more. I used to get $1.25 in 1971 from Thomas Market. Face Book has pushed up the sales and prices on morels. Is it a fad that will fade or a new thing for the next generation? Guaranteed Fed Loans , how could anything go wrong with that. Sorry my entire voting experience with government is they rarely spend wisely. Maybe this time it is different. My only deal with the tracking feature was you telling me I was lying because I could not have picked the morels when and where I said I did. I only know what I know and what I wrote. I wrote I picked in St. Joseph and that is what I did. ? I hope what is up does not get completely ruined also. The Dogwoods in my yard are blooming with my redbuds. Don't think I could live in a place without spring. The timber smelled good today, 6 hours zoomed by. Many of the morels were small tight chilly dark grays in the valleys, with a mixture on top. Hope your buying goes well, capitalism at work. Some folks do need some cash. At least they are working, instead of waiting for another stimulus check.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, an in season freeze is never good. Dang. A lot of stuff was blowing up in places. Some rivers were going and the hills were setting up good. We were wet the temps looked good. A lot of folks will be disappointed. I guess the price will go up more. I used to get $1.25 in 1971 from Thomas Market. Face Book has pushed up the sales and prices on morels. Is it a fad that will fade or a new thing for the next generation? Guaranteed Fed Loans , how could anything go wrong with that. Sorry my entire voting experience with government is they rarely spend wisely. Maybe this time it is different. My only deal with the tracking feature was you telling me I was lying because I could not have picked the morels when and where I said I did. I only know what I know and what I wrote. I wrote I picked in St. Joseph and that is what I did. ? I hope what is up does not get completely ruined also. The Dogwoods in my yard are blooming with my redbuds. Don't think I could live in a place without spring. The timber smelled good today, 6 hours zoomed by. Many of the morels were small tight chilly dark grays in the valleys, with a mixture on top. Hope your buying goes well, capitalism at work. Some folks do need some cash. At least they are working, instead of waiting for another stimulus check.
A big THANK YOU to you KB for wishing a good season. In a roughly 60 mile circle of Topeka a few extra hours of sunshine paid dividends with everybody that hunted finding 20 plus pounds and many 50 and 75 pound hauls were noted. It was nice to have it happen in my back yard. If everyone would have this happen and have a killer season like this the price would drop to little to nothing. I saw people selling them for $80. I cant help but think your good wishes had to play a part in the good fortune.

Registered

Can I order from you?

Registered
A big THANK YOU to you KB for wishing a good season. In a roughly 60 mile circle of Topeka a few extra hours of sunshine paid dividends with everybody that hunted finding 20 plus pounds and many 50 and 75 pound hauls were noted. It was nice to have it happen in my back yard. If everyone would have this happen and have a killer season like this the price would drop to little to nothing. I saw people selling them for $80. I cant help but think your good wishes had to play a part in the good fortune.
If it worked you are welcome, Kansas was due a good year. I don't get people paying that much. It is insane. Part of the problem is the imbalance in supply where it is needed the most. In some small towns people still give many away. In the big metros Face Book has driven a morel mania in my opinion and demand is way above any supply locally. I saw your ad paying $40 and I was astounded that you had to pay that to get your supply. I must be getting old. No 20# days for me this year so far. Guess I should have hunted around Topeka. I certainly have no problem with anyone selling morels. That was how I bought stuff when I was a 10 year old kid. And still pick enough to at least pay my gas with some left over. Just love to pick.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KB- Re-read Discussion Starter #4 above to see why I pay the prices I do. Also, the higher prices are for early season smaller greys, tans, and yellows where it takes so many to make a pound. Later in the season the price is low 30s which reflects the size. We stress quality over quantity and our product reflects it.

Registered

Hey what's up i just picked these An hour ago. Are you interested?
Food Tableware Dishware Table Wood

Registered

Registered

Hello, I was wondering if you also purchase indoor grown morels or any other mushrooms. -AJB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts