Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! Gorgeous pictures. I’ve been amateur foraging for a couple years and never seen morels. Does anyone have any particular state parks etc they could recommend? I’m not great with IDing trees yet. I live in hartford county!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey everyone! Gorgeous pictures. I’ve been amateur foraging for a couple years and never seen morels. Does anyone have any particular state parks etc they could recommend? I’m not great with IDing trees yet. I live in hartford county!
Hi @Cammie99 & Welcome! I would recommend reading up the Forum's past threads. Past years & also diff states. One can easily gather a wealth of info from other members experiences, successes &/or tribulations! Although daunting at first, do def get more into tree id. While out on your forays, make a log/mental note/gps coordinates/etc of symbiotic trees you come across, dead/dying/alive. Youtube & elsewhere on the interwebs can assist on tree Id. You've got the ambition to embark on the Hunt, so I have Faith you will Bag some of your own trophies 🍄 🍄🍄

·
Registered
801 Posts
Cammie, get on You Tube and look for a site called "Learn Your Land". They cover every aspect of wild gathering, including tree ID. It's a great site, and well worth your while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely learn some tree ID. You can make a slideshow on your phone with the trees you want to find. Or I do suggest the National Audubon society field guide to North American trees. It has great actual pictures of trees, and good descriptions. I keep that with me, and the Peterson field guide to mushrooms of North America. I'd go places near water, like The Housatonic, and Connecticut river.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My goal of finding a huge patch has been thwarted by lack of rain. And some very bad health news might put me off foraging this year. I'm still going out while I can. The rain yesterday till tomorrow might help another flush come up, but I'm not sure. fingers crossed

·
Registered
17 Posts
My goal of finding a huge patch has been thwarted by lack of rain. And some very bad health news might put me off foraging this year. I'm still going out while I can. The rain yesterday till tomorrow might help another flush come up, but I'm not sure. fingers crossed
So many of us have our fingers crossed

41 - 46 of 46 Posts