Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I have the next two days off so I’m going to as always put the boots to the ground and if I don’t find any I’ll still have the time with nature we will see if there’s anything left out there in my stomping grounds 👍

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the next two days off so I’m going to as always put the boots to the ground and if I don’t find any I’ll still have the time with nature we will see if there’s anything left out there in my stomping grounds 👍
Good Luck, cat!

Reactions: Tool fan

·
Registered
2 Posts

100 morels, found May 1, by 3 people basically in one very steep area midslope NW IL (in view of Mississippi River). After couple hours of searching all we were saying is "it is way too dry". Then surprised to find these mid slope about 11:30am sun shining on the area. Lighting up the morels. They seemed fresh but a little on dry side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

New to the hunt but I been out in the SW side of cook county looking for Morels and...zilch, nada! I am hopeful and will continue the search.

I would like to add that I found my first and only Morel 2 years ago near the west loop (Chicago) under a dogwood with fresh mulch.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It would appear the obese female is exercising her vocal cords a tad early this season.

Reactions: Tool fan

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Went again today and got skunked just think it’s a off year for my immediate spots barely got a hundred last year was over 250 year before was over 450 so idk. All I can think is that cold then dry killed it I have seen some finds in my area on fb but nothing like the past few years

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I have to many people to give to so if I don’t go north and hit some I’m out of luck still have some from last year

141 - 160 of 174 Posts