Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
At least ya got a nice dinner there. Not sure how this weekend will go for me. My area was warm early then dry and cold before the rain finally came. Maybe not too late but it remains to be seen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saturday was a bust, at an area that I really had high hopes for this year. Big wave of elms died off there but just no rain to make them pop. Sunday I went a bit south and had a little luck at the same area where I got ~60 last weekend. Another 40 or so yesterday, some really good size and fresh. I think that's about it for my season though, really had to work hard for maybe 150 morels this year.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Saturday was a bust, at an area that I really had high hopes for this year. Big wave of elms died off there but just no rain to make them pop. Sunday I went a bit south and had a little luck at the same area where I got ~60 last weekend. Another 40 or so yesterday, some really good size and fresh. I think that's about it for my season though, really had to work hard for maybe 150 morels this year.
Too early to give up yet you won’t know if you don’t go

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm still finding blacks in NW IN, and just found the first fresh yellows in a couple forests. I think we have one more push after a few days of warmth...same with Illinois

161 - 174 of 174 Posts