Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes. Just east of there. Banta Store, Hilltop Beach, Paradise Lakes
Yep..well that picture that Robinbluebird posted just a few post back..is from Right about there as she was headed south on hwy 37 just south of 144...approaching where Banta road crosses ...they have cleared back 1000 ft on both sides of hwy 37 Now.. as they are calling it interstate I-69 Now..We hate it ..but there's never anyway to stop a federal project..

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yep..well that picture that Robinbluebird posted just a few post back..is from Right about there as she was headed south on hwy 37 just south of 144...approaching where Banta road crosses ...they have cleared back 1000 ft on both sides of hwy 37 Now.. as they are calling it interstate I-69 Now..We hate it ..but there's never anyway to stop a federal project..

·
Registered
19 Posts
So this is really going to be only my 3rd season of serious morel hunting. This is the 1st season that we have had a lot of snow since i've been hunting. What are your guys/gals thoughts on heavy snowfall and morels. Got about a foot and due to get 4 to 6 inches more in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So this is really going to be only my 3rd season of serious morel hunting. This is the 1st season that we have had a lot of snow since i've been hunting. What are your guys/gals thoughts on heavy snowfall and morels. Got about a foot and due to get 4 to 6 inches more in a few days.
@River Birch Run ...
Howdy Man.. Wade Here....
**** No Matter what We Know and Learn
* The Mystery Will Always Be *
And is Definitely Part of,
"Our LOVE of the Hunt"
Some of Our Most-Well Seasoned Members are Sure that a blanket of Snow that doesn't melt of until Spring is Very important to make an Abundant Harvest.....
* I believe in them and their Experiences
** Still I have found Morels Every Year no mater what the winter weather, for 55 Years Now.
*** if We All keep a Close Count and Thoughts this 2021 Season, We May Learn that an All winter snow blanket, seems to have made a Very Noticeable difference, or Not ?
**** We are about to find out because it looks like this Snow is here to stay across Indiana.
And still More Snow on the Way..
* it's Time to be Get'n Ready Yall *

·
Super Moderator
737 Posts
If there is a good snow pack that melts slowly it will be a benefit as it will not run off but hopefully seep into the soil.
I live in N.E. Indiana and within the last 10 days have seen 2 small flocks of Geese flying North and a Robin but we are expected to get 7 to 11 inches of snow in the next 12 hours so we are at the mercy of mother nature. I hope for the best

·
Super Moderator
737 Posts
Wise words from the morel wizard, get ready folks, enjoy the last bit of winter, the season is a coming.
@River Birch Run ...
Howdy Man.. Wade Here....
**** No Matter what We Know and Learn
The Mystery Will Always Be
And is Definitely Part of,
"Our LOVE of the Hunt"
Some of Our Most-Well Seasoned Members are Sure that a blanket of Snow that doesn't melt of until Spring is Very important to make an Abundant Harvest.....
* I believe in them and their Experiences
** Still I have found Morels Every Year no mater what the winter weather, for 55 Years Now.
*** if We All keep a Close Count and Thoughts this 2021 Season, We May Learn that an All winter snow blanket, seems to have made a Very Noticeable difference, or Not ?
**** We are about to find out because it looks like this Snow is here to stay across Indiana.
And still More Snow on the Way..
it's Time to be Get'n Ready Yall View attachment 36938
@wade, I have not seen you in person for over a year but I like this photo of you in cammo
with theTree Hugger. Hope to spend time with you and Robin Bluebird in the woods this spring.
Shroom on my good man, Alex

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Hey guys.. U bet everyone is so anxious to have some morels! Look at this..

Mmm.. doesn't those look tasty. I dried these last yr in May of 2020 and they still smell fresh as if it was yesterday I'd picked them. Ooh.. smells so good... mmm..mm..mm...
That's mean! Now my mouth is watering so bad for Morels! lol. I didn't get enough this last year to dry any for the future, but it's great to see those in such primo shape! I swear I can smell them after reading your description!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts