Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

761 - 780 of 830 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you can't till late I' ve heard but never been to Grayling . There is a fort there. A friend of mine had a nephew stationed there . They went into a neighboring woods and had morels with their breakfast every morning in early June. I have two old atlas's of Michigan. They are old but I would like to donate them to someone who would appreciate them. They show State and National forest boundaries by county. I imagine in this day and age it's on the web. Keep after them.
Yeah, I'd be interested in those maps, too. If I don't make it that far north this year, I will be next.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry guys the maps went fast. I wish I had one for all of you. I got them at the Sportsmans guide years ago. They had many states to chose from. It's called Delorme Michigan atlas and gazeteer. Very useful.
It’s the thought that counts... I’m a land surveyor in La Porte county, I have access to tons of property info for Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan... I’ve been working on putting together a pdf map of our region... I can’t promise I’ll have it done this year... but my goal is early next year... I’ve always had luck contacting realtors about large parcels for sale and asking if I can have access to walk and check out the property... 8 times out of 10 they give me permission... hope everyone is having a great Hunt!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
It’s the thought that counts... I’m a land surveyor in La Porte county, I have access to tons of property info for Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan... I’ve been working on putting together a pdf map of our region... I can’t promise I’ll have it done this year... but my goal is early next year... I’ve always had luck contacting realtors about large parcels for sale and asking if I can have access to walk and check out the property... 8 times out of 10 they give me permission... hope everyone is having a great Hunt!!!
That is a good tidbit of info for everyone on this site. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lucky you! I'd love to have that kind of access to La Porte.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had a great Sunday in Marshall county. Hit a few places today and ended up with a bunch of shrooms. I think our total was 1306 for the day mostly private land this weekend. Still in shock looking at the pics. I found more today that I do all year usually. Unreal! View attachment 38932 View attachment 38931
Now that's a fun day!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I said I was done but I couldn't stand it. Dogwoods still in bloom so I went. Walked not very far and found 3 decent under poplar . Walked and walked some more nothing. Went into a bottom and found 5 fresh under a sycamore. Thought ....Yes!! Then walked a lot more Nothing. Long trek back to the truck Saw a slipped elm and a sycamore right next to the parking spot. Fresh yellow. Then found 10 or so more pretty old and sun and windburned. Salvageable but just knowing I made the wrong decision Saturday hurts a little. But didn't get skunked gotta love that! Only showing the fresh ones.
Resized_20210503_123906.jpeg
Resized_20210503_154951(1).jpeg
Resized_20210503_141515.jpeg
Resized_20210503_123906.jpeg

Owen Co. May have to go again. But we 'll see how the hammies feel in the morning.

Attachments

761 - 780 of 830 Posts