Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

781 - 800 of 830 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sorry guys the maps went fast. I wish I had one for all of you. I got them at the Sportsmans guide years ago. They had many states to chose from. It's called Delorme Michigan atlas and gazeteer. Very useful.
DeLorme Atlases and Gazetteers are still available. I have several that I have had for years. Garmin now owns them, but they have not changed their operations. Just Google them.

·
Super Moderator
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #783 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes those are Very Nice, @MorelFanci and so Good that You get to Hunt with your Dad
Thanks Wade. I'm blessed! I've always been a "daddys girl" and am still one at almost 65 years young! He went out to the mailbox this evening and found 2 more (after I had taken pics today)... and boasted he beat me in today's count! :) I told him that they didn't count b/c I already posted our pictures! Hehe! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #785 ·
Howdy Everyone... Wade here...
I have so very much been Enjoying All of Us sharing Our "Love of the Hunt" on here with Each Another ...
And it's Not over, as for Myself, Robinbluebird and Chewy & I
Will be going out again this week, looking for some Hidders..that have been overlooked, but have now Grown bigger and should be Easily spotted.. also we will check some deep Northern slopes..
hopefully finding the last of some fresh Pops.
Down South along either side of the Ohio River,
We should now begin seeing Reports of Chicken of the Woods and Chanterelles being found..
Also up Northern ways the Fun Morel Finds are still Popp'n..
I'm afraid of Bears but, I'm still intending to Hunt the U.P. this time before Morels are Ended..
Thank You, Everyone for all the Beautiful Pictures, Stories and information..
Let's keep trying to find all the Morels we can.
And then keep in the woods for...
Summer and Fall Fungi
"Love the Hunt"
from Wade ...

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry guys the maps went fast. I wish I had one for all of you. I got them at the Sportsmans guide years ago. They had many states to chose from. It's called Delorme Michigan atlas and gazeteer. Very useful.
Hi I'm Glenn from northern Michigan. You can still get updated versions of the Delorme gazeteer at many convenience stores. I use them too. I did like some of the older versions better but the newer are much better than nothing to find good solid public land.

·
Registered
106 Posts
By the way. You guys sure killed them in Indiana this year, very impressive! I think that may mean a great season up here too. Its already off to a good start with the black morels. They are getting close to peak in Northern Michigan. I am predicting that the week of the 15th will be start of grey morel season and that the following weekend will be peak. We are about 2-3 weeks early this year. The past three years peak for the esculentes were in June. Good luck everyone!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks Glenn! I wish I would have had that kind of info when I was going North. I always made my annual trip The week between Mothers day and Memorial day. Very busy in the woods on the holiday weeks. Never forget the year my buddy and I drove straight up after work and slept in the truck for a few hours at a rest area near Three rivers . Woke up to see no leaves on the trees. We were in shock. But we did find enough to not get skunked. We learned a lot from that. experience.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Two separate hunts today. I think I’m done. I really enjoyed all of your posts. I know I wasn’t very talkative this year. I had a lot going on, divorce and my father passing away, but I was cheering all of you on. Good luck Northern Indiana and whoever makes the trip to Michigan or Wisconsin. Until next year cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #797 ·
Thanks Wade. I'm blessed! I've always been a "daddys girl" and am still one at almost 65 years young! He went out to the mailbox this evening and found 2 more (after I had taken pics today)... and boasted he beat me in today's count! :) I told him that they didn't count b/c I already posted our pictures! Hehe! ;)
You are 65 years Old and You and your Dad still .. Loving the Hunt Together, that is such a Good Life..Thank You for Sharing it With Us
@MorelFanci

·
Registered
131 Posts
Two separate hunts today. I think I’m done. I really enjoyed all of your posts. I know I wasn’t very talkative this year. I had a lot going on, divorce and my father passing away, but I was cheering all of you on. Good luck Northern Indiana and whoever makes the trip to Michigan or Wisconsin. Until next year cheers! View attachment 39109 View attachment 39110
Thank you for that heartfelt message! I'm sure all here can sympathize with that. Looks like your Father was smiling down on you today. Divorce sucks but my cousin set me straight. I was offended at the time . She said that's why God gave us broad shoulders. Took a while to process that. Hang in there buddy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Two separate hunts today. I think I’m done. I really enjoyed all of your posts. I know I wasn’t very talkative this year. I had a lot going on, divorce and my father passing away, but I was cheering all of you on. Good luck Northern Indiana and whoever makes the trip to Michigan or Wisconsin. Until next year cheers! View attachment 39109 View attachment 39110
That definitely alot to take on all at once, happened to myself like that also, but you'll pull through it. Just remember your shroomin family is here for ya!

781 - 800 of 830 Posts