Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1101 - 1119 of 1119 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well . . . that cartoon reminded me of being a kid and being into practical jokes. I read Outdoor Life magazine, and at the back there was a section of thematic real life antecdotes. This one month being all odd hunting accidents.

Seems that during deer season one practical jokester got back to camp before the rest of his buddies and decided to play a practical joke. Knowing the trail they would be using to get back to camp, he ventured out the trail and hid in some bushes. As the rest of the group came by he gave out his best growl and shook the bushes he was hiding in, to scare them.

Scared shitless . . .they opened fire into the bushes, promptly killing him.

I still to this day, thought it was a good practical joke -- even as it was poor judgement.

Happy mushroom hunting everyone.

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,107 ·
@Robinbluebird Get'n in some Tomatoes 🍅 & Peppers 🌶 Flowers 💐& Herbs 🌿 Along the Afternoon Sun side of Our Home 🏡 ..
ALL the ground /Soil around here is Prehistoric Glacieral Pushed up, then Melt back, Leaving some of the best Soil in the World 🌎 No Amending or Fertilizer Needed here.
Hopefully We can get it all planted earlier next year in by May 15th of 2022

🤠I'm Happy ❤

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
@Robinbluebird Get'n in some Tomatoes 🍅 & Peppers 🌶 Flowers 💐& Herbs 🌿 Along the Afternoon Sun side of Our Home 🏡 ..
ALL the ground /Soil around here is Prehistoric Glacieral Pushed up, then Melt back, Leaving some of the best Soil in the World 🌎 No Amending or Fertilizer Needed here.
Hopefully We can get it all planted earlier next year in by May 15th of 2022 View attachment 39986 View attachment 39987
🤠I'm Happy ❤
That looks like great dirt and the plants are loving it! Kudos to Robinbluebird! I just had my first BLT's of the season with fresh homegrown tomatoes yesterday! There's nothing like 'em! I honestly don't know how they can grow such sh--ty, tasteless ones like they have in the stores all winter. I couldn't grow tomatoes that bad tasting if I tried! Sure am happy it's tomato time out here! (other than the 113 degree days this week!) Happy Shroomin'...........

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
Howdy Yall...Wade here! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

🍄💥🍄💥🍄💥EVERYONE👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😳👍🏻
WE HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT
ONE OF OUR MEMBERS WHOM WE WILL SOON IDENTIFY...✌🤫
MAY HAVE FOUND A NEW and UNIDENTIFIED and UN-NAMED Species of MOREL.!!!🇺🇸
PLEASE Standby for Further information and FILM at 10:00pm 🍄💥🍄💥🍄💥
Adding Photo Now....

·
Registered
155 Posts
That looks like great dirt and the plants are loving it! Kudos to Robinbluebird! I just had my first BLT's of the season with fresh homegrown tomatoes yesterday! There's nothing like 'em! I honestly don't know how they can grow such sh--ty, tasteless ones like they have in the stores all winter. I couldn't grow tomatoes that bad tasting if I tried! Sure am happy it's tomato time out here! (other than the 113 degree days this week!) Happy Shroomin'...........
Where you located j ? I have BLT envy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hopefully We can get it all planted earlier next year in by May 15th of 2022 View attachment 39986 View attachment 39987
🤠I'm Happy ❤
Did you know that those wild orange flowers in the background are edible. I haven't tried them but recently read this in a book written by a PhD. The writer was on the TV series, Alone and she lasted 57 days.

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,115 ·
The 'Sunshine State', California. All our veggie gardens are in full swing. It was 113 in the shade yesterday, so there is a 'down' side!
I don't think we've ever gotten hotter than 105°
Here in Indiana..and usually never much past 95° more than 3 days

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
We buried my father today, a man that taught many to love nature, the woods and Morel hunting. Since 2002 he would rent a house in rural areas of Northern Michigan and the family would spend a long weekend in the woods.
He was buried with his walking stick, compass and a mesh bag. For some reason he kept a large container of Morels that date back to the mid 70s. At the burial site after the casket was lowered family members and friends took a small hand full and tossed them in on top of the casket. It was a time of smiles and enjoyment in an otherwise unhappy situation. The world lost a good man.

·
Registered
214 Posts
We buried my father today, a man that taught many to love nature, the woods and Morel hunting. Since 2002 he would rent a house in rural areas of Northern Michigan and the family would spend a long weekend in the woods.
He was buried with his walking stick, compass and a mesh bag. For some reason he kept a large container of Morels that date back to the mid 70s. At the burial site after the casket was lowered family members and friends took a small hand full and tossed them in on top of the casket. It was a time of smiles and enjoyment in an otherwise unhappy situation. The world lost a good man.
Mmh,

Condolences to You @mmh & Your Family! Your Dad must've done right in his job as a Father & Outdoorsman. Rewarded with such an honored rite, as being buried with his tools of trade & ceremoniously laid to rest by friends, family & morels, all fruit of his labours. Gone from our sight, but never our hearts.. I send Good Vibes your way! Sincere Sympathy, Hawkeye

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,118 ·
@mmh .. Thank You for Sharing Your Life, Heart and Hunt With All of Us

·
Registered
503 Posts
Condolences to you n your family bud

1101 - 1119 of 1119 Posts