Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1161 - 1180 of 1248 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Wade, Found a couple links to the recipes you wanted for your great find of the vintage ice cream maker. I didn't ha
Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 9.00.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 9.04.05 PM.png

ve any personal recipes to share but here is this. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow.. Thanks Jim @jim_t57 , I will use these
No problem glad to help. I know it will be good. I've only had home made once. I don't remember all the details but we made it in a tin container with a lid. That went into a 5 gallon Emge lard can. We filled in around the inside container with ice and salt. Then we put the lid on and laid it on its side and rolled it back and forth for what seemed like a year to a kid waiting on ice cream. lol. Best I've ever had!

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
A lot of our members would really be amazed if they can get out in the summer and check out what’s out there in the woods right now most of Indiana is in prime conditions right now
All I needed was some mosquito netting around my face so I could really get into places comfortably and it has opened up worlds for me

·
Registered
725 Posts
Seems like all of Michigan is popping with Chants.

My honey hole is producing nicely and every 3 days I go
back after it charges back up. Thousands of pinning ones.

I'd say the timing is perfect. People in have been
finding a few trumpets and even some hedgehogs, too.

We found about 30lbs of golden oysters yesterday and (finally!)
a chicken of the woods.

Many many other fungi growing. Boletes all over, etc.
This is it. This is summer mushrooms hunting.

P.S. - Mosquitoes like I've never seen though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great bag from my brother last night, lobster, chants and chicken in the northern part of the state. He says there are tons more lbs of chanterelles to be picked, just has no use for them, Only a couple families to feed! Get on 'em guys
Wow, I have never seen or heard of the lobster mushroom before. Very gorgeous, thanks for the introduction!

1161 - 1180 of 1248 Posts