Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Found two more just now, one is the same from yesterday, one broke by the dog.... or human... northern Frederick county. Looks like the warmest, clearest and sunniest spot at the top of a steep east facing slope

View attachment 37441
Looks like you’re in the right area. May be really good here in a few days. Nice finds. 👍🏻

·
Registered
203 Posts
Found this today. Seems really early for a yellow one but what do I know 😂. Also found a bunch of small white ones in this area. Checked another spot and found a few black ones. Seems like they came up later in that area this year. Never know what to expect just have to keep on hunting see what Mother Nature gives up.
8DEB6406-2373-435E-A34C-02E0DCEDFE6A.png
902C7E2E-C261-4A98-8049-3F11C6A95657.png

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! Did a quick walk today in a new area and nothing. Hopefully bu the end of the week I’ll start finding some getting frustrated lol.
There coming. This was after hours of searching, fyi. I brought my 15 y/o son and spent time showing him what's growing now, how to identify trees, and very importantly, how to try and avoid walking face first into spider webs. It's just nice to be outside 😌

·
Registered
46 Posts
There coming. This was after hours of searching, fyi. I brought my 15 y/o son and spent time showing him what's growing now, how to identify trees, and very importantly, how to try and avoid walking face first into spider webs. It's just nice to be outside 😌
*They're

·
Registered
59 Posts
I need to be more strategic with my timing for signing on here — it makes me want to drop what I’m doing and go hit the woods immediately... great pics everyone! Just curious as to where folks have been seeing their firsts in terms of trees and I know it can differ given the region but, are you all hunting poplars for blacks and elm/ash for yellows? I usually see greys in the same environments as yellows but can’t say there’s one particular tree that will fruit greys only. Found our first on Sunday but it was in a spot that tends to pop later on, even though we were going full bore by this time last year... definitely a week or two later this spring it seems. Can’t find em if you don’t look!
PS - This is a full size chap stick...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need to be more strategic with my timing for signing on here — it makes me want to drop what I’m doing and go hit the woods immediately... great pics everyone! Just curious as to where folks have been seeing their firsts in terms of trees and I know it can differ given the region but, are you all hunting poplars for blacks and elm/ash for yellows? I usually see greys in the same environments as yellows but can’t say there’s one particular tree that will fruit greys only. Found our first on Sunday but it was in a spot that tends to pop later on, even though we were going full bore by this time last year... definitely a week or two later this spring it seems. Can’t find em if you don’t look!
PS - This is a full size chap stick... View attachment 37662
I’ve found a few whites/yellows and a decent amount of blacks at one location and it’s a ton of poplar trees.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts