Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,
Let the fun begin. Everyone please be safe out there this year. Be mindful of your surroundings and cautious of what lives there. Be courteous of others, and stewards of the land. Don’t fight Mother Nature!...She and her daughter (Karma) have the best GPS on the planet and in the end they will always win.

SW Michigan Hunter. I’ve hunted just about every state from Georgia to the U.P. over to northern Minnesota and up into Canada. If anyone in the area needs guidance or help of any kind feel free to reach out (- early season near Kzoo, St. Joe, Cass, Counties, - mid season Baldwin/Luther, - late season near Gaylord/Wolverine). In case you’re worried, I have plenty of my own hunting spots, so yours will remain safe. I’m getting old and don’t have the time to check my spots, so I definitely won’t be sneaking off to someone else’s.
I’m just offering to help any new hunters out there lost, any elderly or military vets who love the morel but are unable make it out hunting, or those individuals who would like to set up a group hunt (the latter may currently be on hold while this whole covid thing gets sorted out).

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello!
i would love to go morel hunting in Michigan! I am an avid Hunter, have been hunting morels since I was 5...so that’s over 50 years in northwest Ohio. My spots are all drying up here or are no longer available.
we went to Flovilla, Georgia 2 weeks ago, and thought it was perfect timing, alas was a week early.
I have been on forays with Chris Matherly, never had much luck with that.
I have also been up to Boyne several times for the morel festival, timing was off then too!
That being said it would be great to go hunt with a “local” who knows the area and also knows they are up!
please include me in any future correspondence!
thank you! Robin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey there...I might be hitting you up at some point. Last year was my first year scouting up there, and I found some nice areas.

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello!
i would love to go morel hunting in Michigan! I am an avid Hunter, have been hunting morels since I was 5...so that’s over 50 years in northwest Ohio. My spots are all drying up here or are no longer available.
we went to Flovilla, Georgia 2 weeks ago, and thought it was perfect timing, alas was a week early.
I have been on forays with Chris Matherly, never had much luck with that.
I have also been up to Boyne several times for the morel festival, timing was off then too!
That being said it would be great to go hunt with a “local” who knows the area and also knows they are up!
please include me in any future correspondence!
thank you! Robin
Just watch the posts. If there are photos or if nobody is posting, they're up!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There has to be some blacks popping after this warm spell. Think I will start checking tomorrow, Must admit I checked my old faithful yellow spot last weekend , nada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts