Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe Wednesday, they're saying now. We didn't get enough last night (Sat/Sun) to hardly dampen the surface, just 1/10th of an inch. I was out again on Sunday and saw no change.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
First finds of 2021!!! IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over all found a dozen in my early reliable spot. Loved the rain we got yesterday. Just perfect. View attachment 37056
Just a small reply, these were found in a rather sunny area that has sun on it all day in newer growth from a clear cut about 7 yrs ago. Ground is warm enough there. This spot is always the first spot I find them in and it turns on about 4-5 days later everywhere else. This is the first official find of 2021 and all the other posts from the other states are fakes..lol!!! Dam needed that rain a week ago!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
You probably would've had the 1st finds this year if ya didn't get that nasty cold you had a couple weeks ago!! But awesome finds can't wait still another month or 2 for me in southern Wisconsin but the next 10 days after today's snow upper 40s rest of week next week 50s and 60s nights around 40. So never know might get a couple to fruit early

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You probably would've had the 1st finds this year if ya didn't get that nasty cold you had a couple weeks ago!! But awesome finds can't wait still another month or 2 for me in southern Wisconsin but the next 10 days after today's snow upper 40s rest of week next week 50s and 60s nights around 40. So never know might get a couple to fruit early
Ill be up there in a month or two looking myself. Older brother lives outside Madison.

·
Registered
43 Posts
First finds of 2021!!! IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over all found a dozen in my early reliable spot. Loved the rain we got yesterday. Just perfect.
Nice find! Jealous that you got rain, glad that you found some of, if not the, first. Gives me hope to keep looking -- I did see a new toadstool that sprang up today. 😉

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ill be up there in a month or two looking myself. Older brother lives outside Madison.
Nice lived in Madison area most my like been in Janesville the past 5 years. Never hunted up there. But here great things in the driftless area( south western Wisconsin), my 3rd year hunting only. Best of luck to ya!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 37073
Nearly filled the 5gallon bucket up. Id say its close to 4 gallons of morels in that bucket. Heading back out again today to some other spots. Its really happening now. All my spots are nearly going at the same time, Will be a shorter season though for us here in East Texas.
I got MUSHROOM FEVER ! Awesome finds man!!! Just moved down here to Austin from Wisconisn and was so excited to find out Texas has a season!!!! This photo made me call into work tomorrow so I can drive out to east Texas and get a motel for the weekend so I can hunt!!! now THATS a nice bucket :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove up to Lake Whitney (2 hours) yesterday but no luck. I just don't know what wooded areas I am allowed to be on so I went to the state park. There are only 2 small hiking trails so? I go off the trail but still nothing. It was a fun day anyway but yaknow. I am from the midwest and used to finding loads but here in TX IDK... Where I live in Williamson County there are tons of hiking trails but I know I need to go north a bit. There are some army corps lands around lake Whitney but they seems to be designated for hunting. I am looking for advice, wooded areas that I can go on without getting in too much trouble! Please and TY :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice!!! Jealous. I planned on eating some last night but my spots are a week and an inch of rain from blooming.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Sorry, been quite for the past week but Im still finding them. Less and less each day as we get away from the rain we had last week. Got rain planned for the next few days so I expect to get another flush of them again. Probably over all found about 15lbs so far.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts