Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
They're here. Barely pokin' thru the leaves; most dry with burnt tips. Has been extremely windy here too. Dog 'stomped' on a couple so we took 'em. Counted at least 8 more and got outta dodge as not to step on those we couldn't see. Hopin' to get some rain. Fayette County.
1stFind5Apr21.jpg

·
Registered
Chicken, chanterelles, morels, oysters, and boletes.
37 Posts
I went back yesterday and collected 14. It's supposed to rain the next few days, so I'll let the 20 or 30 plus babies that I left grow a few more days. I did attempt to transplant 3. I dug them up with a volume of soil, and planted them in my morel garden I started 2 years ago. So far I have slurried it, put the bought morel starter inoculated sawdust in it, and now these babies. I have read that transplanting doesn't work, but maybe if Some mycelium got transplanted, it might grow and reproduce with what might already be there. These mushrooms are from the same patch that the slurry came from so hopefully there would be enough genetic difference that they could reproduce successfully... Couldn't hurt, right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi swpa, I noticed in your pic you have what looks like a yellow Lab! They are a GREAT breed we had 3 over the years and we just had our Blossom (yellow Lab) put to sleep on the 20th of march and we are devastated to the core and can't stop crying over her it was very very unexpected. Give them all the love you can cause they are only on this earth for a very short time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They're here. Barely pokin' thru the leaves; most dry with burnt tips. Has been extremely windy here too. Dog 'stomped' on a couple so we took 'em. Counted at least 8 more and got outta dodge as not to step on those we couldn't see. Hopin' to get some rain. Fayette County.
View attachment 37320 View attachment 37324
I concur, but we got the rain now the temperature is not conducive.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts