Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
I went to a spot that I find yellows fairly early most years and was surprised at what I found. Good sized yellows that were almost dried completely they are in great shape so I think I am going to rehydrate a few and try them, If they still have the flavor I will just finish drying them for this winter. They were in Snyder County near the top of a south facing slope. Kind of a weird year. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
trahn, nice blacks. Yesterday I was expecting to find black morels but today I thought if I found any yellows it would be just babies. These were all dried and perfect size, no bugs or bad spots. I thought about leaving them for the rain tomorrow but I did that a few years ago when I found some that were dried out and the rain just rotted them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sure would help to know where there being found at least to fallow the trend by county.
I found 10 yesterday in Butler county around a slippery elm. Was very excited because I have only found one or two a couple times before, over the last few years. I think 8 were yellows and 2 grays, all pretty nice shape besides two yellows that had the tips burnt off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Found a few small ones over the weekend in Washington county. It was more of a scouting trip than anything but I found these same super light morels in the same spot last year, a week earlier. We did get some rain and with the temperature going up hopefully they start popping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found a couple pounds of smaller blacks yesterday. Many others to far gone from the cold and snow. Tiny yellows and small half-frees too. Doubles are pretty common but I don’t ever recall a triple. See the picture (if I attached it right). Anyone else ever find a triple? Allegheny County.
Plant False morel Terrestrial plant Finger Fungus
Plant Twig Wood Terrestrial plant Fawn

·
Registered
673 Posts
Found a couple pounds of smaller blacks yesterday. Many others to far gone from the cold and snow. Tiny yellows and small half-frees too. Doubles are pretty common but I don’t ever recall a triple. See the picture (if I attached it right). Anyone else ever find a triple? Allegheny County. View attachment 38370 View attachment 38371
I have on yellows but never on half frees. Most of the time when I find half frees it's just one here and there.

21 - 40 of 166 Posts