Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Wondering where Wildshroomer has been. Always enjoyed his posts, Hope all is well... Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Pan. Right on for getting the young ones involved, How many did they step on? The deal with my two is they get 25 cents for everyone they pick, but pay me 10 dollars for everyone they step on. They told me for this year they want to wait until the morels get really big before we go hunting, so they don't step on as many. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pan. Right on for getting the young ones involved, How many did they step on? The deal with my two is they get 25 cents for everyone they pick, but pay me 10 dollars for everyone they step on. They told me for this year they want to wait until the morels get really big before we go hunting, so they don't step on as many. Happy Hunting!
Lol it's hard because I'm trying to explain what an elm is and why their growing here. Before I can finish their off to the races lol. Honestly though I was really happy I found some on their first trip. I love hunting alone but finally finding some after 20 non producing elms with those kids made my week. They definitely stepped on a few lol. I enjoyed just teaching them about trees honestly. Their good boys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah Pan pretty much summed it up. The dye isn’t harmful but a lot of the wood they use to make mulch has been chemically treated at one time. If you can find natural tan bark, that would be a better choice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok. I was more worried about the dye, because from my research from before about the pallets that this type of dyed mulch is usually made from, it will have the "HT" stamped on the side meaning it was "Heat Treated" for invasive insects. Has anyone heard that before? I found some on the side of a buddies driveway with an old bale of straw and maybe a heaping wheel barrow of the old black dyed mulch.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts