Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
So encouraging to see this haul, and all the beautiful images on this site -- I figured the season might be nearly over around here (western suburbs of Philadelphia), by now. I have such strong memories of morel hunts in the mountains of my childhood (rural southwestern Virginia) -- in the old apple orchard between my parents and grandparents home -- but I just haven't been able to re-create this experience up here. But I do get a lot of enjoyment looking at others' finds. Sigh.
Welcome & Glad your with us @Appalachia-n ! I Enjoy following the Hunt too. Checkout the Mushroom Dinner Pics & Recipes thread!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome & Glad your with us @Appalachia-n ! I Enjoy following the Hunt too. Checkout the Mushroom Dinner Pics & Recipes thread!
Thanks, Hawkeye -- I had wandered onto the Dinner Pics and Recipes; a little hard to look at, as I can't imagine getting a big enough batch to do much! 6 years ago, my 'biggest' find was 18 mushrooms -- and I have never even come close to that again! I need to be more of a 'Hawkeye', I guess!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Polyporales Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Grass Plant

No luck on Morels today...but does anyone know what these are?? They had gills underneath and they smelled really good....

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wow! Never seen that shroom before!

Anyway, morelwise, I think it's pretty much over. I hunt a bit in Lawrence Co. at my fish & game club. Found a decent bag last week, a few days after that all day rain two Sundays ago. I hunted yesterday and today, and found nothing! Hiked my legs off and I am really hurting now! Waiting for the Aleve to kick in.

It was too cold at first, and too hot and dry at the last! So, let's see what happens with the Chants and chickens.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts