Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Last evening the weather guessers made it sound like hell was coming to dinner today. We got a few sprinkles. There was one severe t'storm warning for Mercer Co., so it seems like they got some moisture. Oh well, it will make cutting the grass again tomorrow a little easier. I'll be glad when it slows down so I only have to cut it once a week!

·
Registered
3 Posts
going out one more time before the heat wave. record cool weekend might have had a few last morels pop up

·
Registered
691 Posts
My first outing for Summer Mushrooms will be for Red Reishi in SE Ohio. It is on the same latitude as the southern PA border. June usually is good for me here in OH as the Reishi haven't been out long and therefore are more free from bugs.

Last year (2020) Red Reishi

Great mushroom hunting everyone.

·
Registered
Chicken, chanterelles, morels, oysters, and boletes.
38 Posts
After a rough start to this year's mushrooming (no fault to weather, just life in general) I finally made it out and about. With success! I found chicken, both Cincinnatus and sulphurous. I found the C while hiking, so I was able to get a picture. I spotted the S from the moving car so I jumped out to collect it without my phone so no pictures of it. But I'm happy to say my favorite summer mushrooms are out.

·
Registered
Chicken, chanterelles, morels, oysters, and boletes.
38 Posts
Went out today, looking for chanterelles. Found a few in Blair county. Went to Centre county and didn't find anything out interest, except maybe this? I think it might actually be a porcini. It has the webbing, and white margin. Any thoughts anyone? I'll cut it up and check the Bolete Filter website. But does anyone have any experience?

Update sadly, it is the bitter Bolete. I think I'll put it in my mulch out front. Maybe I'll grow some fun large mushrooms for the neighbors to look at.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts
Howdy Yall... Wade here 🤠
Tomarrow;
I intend for Chewy and Me to do Our first Hunt this year for summer Fungi..
We Haven't been in the woods since May 14th

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy Yall... Wade here 🤠
Tomarrow;
I intend for Chewy and Me to do Our first Hunt this year for summer Fungi..
We Haven't been in the woods since May 14th
Hey Bud. Good luck on your hunt but if you come up empty, just shoot me a message and I think I can help you

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do they smell like black liquorice? Other than that they look like it angel wings are usually pretty small compared to oysters.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts