Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Some can have different smells to them that resemble the smell of fish i have herd but all the ones i have picked here in Minnesota always had the smell of black liquorice to them you might want to wait for another opinion from someone who lives in your state before trying them

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last year my chanterelle spots didn't produce at all, this year so far I have found 2. I hope it is a little early for my area. I have been finding a lot of russula's, coral and some boletes. View attachment 40162 View attachment 40163 View attachment 40164 View attachment 40165
The majority of the chanterelles I found were hidden in the tall wet grassy trails and the small ones I left were poking out of leaves in the hardwood. With this weather, next week should be popping! Good luck, keep me posted. Ps, any suggestions on the other one I posted? They’re growing in soil and has me super confused. Very coral like. Dense, nice smell.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Chants are just getting started in my neck of the woods here in NE Ohio, very close to the PA state line. Went to my hardwood ridge today and found lots of little pins, but nothing worth harvesting yet. Also, no chickens on the chicken log.

·
Registered
893 Posts
After watching the final round of The Open Championship today, I went out and checked my woods. The Chants are coming along nicely, as are all kinds of other 'shrooms after 2 days of steady rainfall. Also found some chicken primordia on the new chicken log I found last year. I know that log is new because I walk past it about 20 feet away on the hiking path leading into the woods.

Wenesday I will harvest 'shrooms. Tomorrow I will cut grass! :mad:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts