Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Chanterelles are going full blast now around here, and so many boletes. I found a black velvet bolete that I was told were very good, so I decided to try it. Really didn't think it was anything special. Sorry I didn't take a picture of it. Here are some pictures of chanterelles and some other boletes. Not sure on the White gilled mushroom, think it might be a parasol
View attachment IMG_4530.JPG

·
Registered
864 Posts
Chants are still happening here. Went out yesterday for a quick look just to see if there were any flushing, and there were. Went out with the knife and bag today for a more in depth search. They were literally everywhere! So many, that I decided that I could afford to be picky. If there was more than one bug hole in the stem, it did not make the cut. I found a ton today that were completely pristine! Not a big mark on them.

Every pic of black trumpets I've ever seen has moss in it. I can't seem to find any places that grow moss! Maybe I need to get lower down the slope near the water. Maybe walk right down near the creek. I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went out today hoping to find some trumpets near Johnstown. I came up empty. I have only ever found them in Bedford. I did find these nice fresh, meaty mushrooms. I brought them home to try to identify them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Food Ingredient Natural foods Staple food Wood
Food Ingredient Natural foods Staple food Wood

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking at every bolete image on the internet trying to identify them. I was too lazy to get my mushroom book out of the garage. I fried the hedgehogs up with dinner tonite. They were good.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts