Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did some research and scoured the forums for information before choosing a spot for my first morel foraging adventure this past Wednesday, and I lucked out! We came back with about a pound of fresh morels, and Nik (my housemate and incredible chef...) cooked me the most insanely delicious morel mushroom risotto for my birthday today! The meal was just out of this world. First time finding them, and first time eating them... and all around just the best experience. Thanks to everyone for posting your photos - it helped a lot!

False morel Mushroom Organism Terrestrial plant Fawn
Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Fungus Flowering plant

False morel Plant Stinkhorn mushroom Terrestrial plant Mushroom
False morel Mushroom Organism Terrestrial plant Stinkhorn mushroom

Food Plant Ingredient Wood Staple food
Food Ingredient Recipe Mixing bowl Tableware

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well fellow shroomers I'm throwing in the towel. Beat my pg grounds found a couple new ones this season. I have plenty to stock dry my stash. I hit a couple spots where I left some little ones last week today and scored 76 more. Warm weather here n no rain will certainly start drying um up.
I'm beatin n scratched and enjoyed ever minute of it. This seasons total is 2310 morels picked. Will enjoy n enjoyed all of your finds. Happy hunting!!!
2,000! Holy shit! You might be done foraging, but you'll be eating morels for months, I'm sure! What do you do with all of them - dry them? Sell them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts