Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Last day for me. Found 45 or so mostly under dead apples. All in proven territory but I found some new trees. Mushrooms were nice, partial dried, easy to deal with. Had some for supper along side a rib eye.Tomorrow a barbecue in the woods for the season finale. see you next year.
Good go Geo til they start popping again. Cya later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most of what I found was in moss, as usual. The key thing for trumpets (besides the moss) is that they hate leaf litter. They like bare ground with extensive moss and lots of oak trees.

I'm sun-drying the trumpets right now. I estimate that I picked 5 lbs., which is just insane by my standards. I usually come home with 5 trumpets, not 5 lbs.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Most of what I found was in moss, as usual. The key thing for trumpets (besides the moss) is that they hate leaf litter. They like bare ground with extensive moss and lots of oak trees.

I'm sun-drying the trumpets right now. I estimate that I picked 5 lbs., which is just insane by my standards. I usually come home with 5 trumpets, not 5 lbs.
That's a great score! Congrats!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Grass ready to be cut in Albany! Will be checking some micro climates down in the Hudson river Valley. Fingers crossed
I think I just found a cute group of morals for the first time at the bottom of an oak tree. They are huge. Or maybe they are something else. I am new to the mushroom community. I study science in biology as well as being a violinist for most of my life and also taught school. But science and the micro science and even the larger picture always fascinate me.
And I have sound maybe 36 different species of mushrooms in my Albany yard this summer. I have them all documented in my photos someplace. But I do have a video of the bottom of the oak tree if you ever want to see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heavy snow over the winter, seriously warm weather for the past week, now a soaking rain - anyone else thinking this is going to be bumper year for our little buddies? Hudson Valley, at least.
Very much so.
I have found almost 40 different species of mushroom in my yard it in Albany New York over the summer. I live near the Pinebush area. So I took an interest in it. And I found these huge clusters underneath an oak tree about five minutes ago. So incredible. I teach school and I am a retired violinist. But I also have a minor in microbiology. Any type of science fascinates me. But insects and fungi…

·
Registered
1 Posts
I moved to NYC recently from Michigan where I was an avid morel hunter. I was wondering whether there were any organized morel hunting trips in the Hudson Valley area? I would like to go with a group and/or guide. Thanks! Abby
I moved to NYC recently from Michigan where I was an avid morel hunter. I was wondering whether there were any organized morel hunting trips in the Hudson Valley area? I would like to go with a group and/or guide. Thanks! Abby

301 - 320 of 320 Posts