Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Last day for me. Found 45 or so mostly under dead apples. All in proven territory but I found some new trees. Mushrooms were nice, partial dried, easy to deal with. Had some for supper along side a rib eye.Tomorrow a barbecue in the woods for the season finale. see you next year.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Last day for me. Found 45 or so mostly under dead apples. All in proven territory but I found some new trees. Mushrooms were nice, partial dried, easy to deal with. Had some for supper along side a rib eye.Tomorrow a barbecue in the woods for the season finale. see you next year.
Good go Geo til they start popping again. Cya later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most of what I found was in moss, as usual. The key thing for trumpets (besides the moss) is that they hate leaf litter. They like bare ground with extensive moss and lots of oak trees.

I'm sun-drying the trumpets right now. I estimate that I picked 5 lbs., which is just insane by my standards. I usually come home with 5 trumpets, not 5 lbs.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Most of what I found was in moss, as usual. The key thing for trumpets (besides the moss) is that they hate leaf litter. They like bare ground with extensive moss and lots of oak trees.

I'm sun-drying the trumpets right now. I estimate that I picked 5 lbs., which is just insane by my standards. I usually come home with 5 trumpets, not 5 lbs.
That's a great score! Congrats!!

301 - 313 of 313 Posts