Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

121 - 140 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey everyone. My mail carrier is known to leave packages in all kinds of weird areas around my house. Even on top of my recycling & garbage cans! The other day I found one between the rain gutter down spout and recycle bin. I had a nice surprise when I bent down to grab it. Look between the blacktop and concrete of the garage floor. Saratoga county

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations! One might train a youngen by giving them a candy kiss for each morel that he finds.
lol! He enjoys eating morels and most of the mushrooms we find or grow. Also really enjoys time in the woods with his old man. Hopefully both of these traits persist for years to come.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hey everyone. My mail carrier is known to leave packages in all kinds of weird areas around my house. Even on top of my recycling & garbage cans! The other day I found one between the rain gutter down spout and recycle bin. I had a nice surprise when I bent down to grab it. Look between the blacktop and concrete of the garage floor. Saratoga county View attachment 38673
Classic!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well was a wet rainy day had my sidekick with me so was more of a road hunting kinda day we picked a few most in that area were still small. We did get a little walk in some light rain but decided we had enough. Calling for 1 ta 3 inches of snow tonight lol. Will see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Man those cluster are nuts! I thought it was perfect conditions, rainy, windy, nasty, no chance of running into anyone. Did pretty good considering it is still a might early for my area. Take note of the ones i almost crushed! Tough but fun day! I throughly
0430211511.jpg
0430211511.jpg
0430211207.jpg
0430211157a.jpg
0430211157.jpg
enjoyed the hunt.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went out to check a bunch of new ground here in Albany. I found a ton of perfect Elm’s with no luck. Until I almost got back to the car. 20 that I could see. Most not bigger than the first knuckle on my pinky. They have at least another week and a half to go. But at least I have some new PG!!! Always exciting. Also found this great Elm, got closer and realized this wasn’t the bumper flush I was looking for. I haven’t looked them up yet. The entire tree was surrounded by them. Anyone know what they are?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice Milton. I find them all the time too not sure what they are. We could sure use some warmer temps to help um grow faster. It's always nice to fine new pg

121 - 140 of 188 Posts