Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any morel hunters out there for the next season Spring 2022? I live in Denver area but am willing to travel anywhere in CO!

Also, if theres anything going on for 2021 I would also be interested but it seems a bit late now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to Colorado and have been trying to figure out the hunting season here. It doesn't look like Colorado Mushroom hunters like posting about their finds or the season hasn't started. With the colder weather, I was thinking the season was just starting. I'm in Colorado Springs and went out a couple of weeks ago but didn't find any.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don't live in Colorado, but I would suggest doing a Google search for a state mycological society, that could be a source of info for you. Also where you live, morels seem to be based more on elevation and burn sites than just the time of year. I didn't find any my first year either, and I was hunting on my fish & game club, where other members had told me that morels grow there! And I hunted hard the whole season, not just one time! This kind of stuff does not come easy! Keep at it! Keep learning! I find it mentally and physically stimulating at my station in life!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm new to Colorado and have been trying to figure out the hunting season here. It doesn't look like Colorado Mushroom hunters like posting about their finds or the season hasn't started. With the colder weather, I was thinking the season was just starting. I'm in Colorado Springs and went out a couple of weeks ago but didn't find any.
True, its hard to find a mushroom hunter that will share their spots. I dont mind because I will be trying to grow them instead of being confined by hunting them only. True, the weather is colder here but ive found theres pockets of nice weather all around CO no matter what the time of year. Its kinda nice :) Plus theres been a lot of rain this year, at least in Denver. Im trying to find public places to do my hunting however I was thinking that asking some private land owners permission depending on where it is...I saw some great spots by CO springs but it looks like its all private land.

I don't live in Colorado, but I would suggest doing a Google search for a state mycological society, that could be a source of info for you. Also where you live, morels seem to be based more on elevation and burn sites than just the time of year. I didn't find any my first year either, and I was hunting on my fish & game club, where other members had told me that morels grow there! And I hunted hard the whole season, not just one time! This kind of stuff does not come easy! Keep at it! Keep learning! I find it mentally and physically stimulating at my station in life!
Thats a great idea, thanks! I was thinking about checking out some burn sites actually, there seems to be a lot from next year and a lot of rain this year so maybe I should get out there ASAP! lol Asking game hunters is a great idea actually, I mean theyre out in the woods all day and night. I have heard that a lot about morels, they are real hit and miss....I was hoping that wasnt true. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts