Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick little trip with the kids to one of our early spots in dupage county. Left about 50 behind to grow. We’re on the board!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wade - We need to talk.
I cross the Fox several times in a normal day.
I am scheduling a total knee replacement Thursday.
At least a week - probably two for most morels.

The ramps are up for a week in northern Illinois.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey tool fan,

Touched base w/ your post last year but circumstances and dry weather colluded to skunk me for the year in the QCA (northern part of W. IL which I think I remember you being from).
Going out tomorrow to look for the elusive grey (since you kindly posted your pics of the aft. walk) and looking forward to the upcoming week as Fri./Sat. rain forecasts and rising temps make it look like it'll be good hunting time.

Almost as jealous of your hauls (and those of S. IL folk) as you were of the person who got to spend some time on the Tool drummers kit!

Happy hunting and the best of luck in your (and other Ill'n folks) forays this year!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hey tool fan,

Touched base w/ your post last year but circumstances and dry weather colluded to skunk me for the year in the QCA (northern part of W. IL which I think I remember you being from).
Going out tomorrow to look for the elusive grey (since you kindly posted your pics of the aft. walk) and looking forward to the upcoming week as Fri./Sat. rain forecasts and rising temps make it look like it'll be good hunting time.

Almost as jealous of your hauls (and those of S. IL folk) as you were of the person who got to spend some time on the Tool drummers kit!

Happy hunting and the best of luck in your (and other Ill'n folks) forays this year!
I would say at least give it five days to a week if your hunting in the qc as all I have found are tiny and not ready but go look for your trees and scope some promising spots but I wouldn’t run up to any potential areas as they are so tiny you wouldn’t want to smash them well gl this year should be a good one 👍

41 - 60 of 92 Posts