Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Howdy everyone! Hope we’re all staying safe out there and having a great time!

Gotta say all my spots and many new ones are producing super well this season! They are for sure out there! I’m hunting in central state near the river with tons of luck in elm groves and in open areas with a few on sunny southern facing slopes. Todays find (paper plate) was mostly in dry elm woods near the base with maybe foot long grass tufts growing out everywhere. Last year I was told to learn elms, and identify elms from none other than tool fan and also many others and it has not let me down yet. Edge of woods type event horizons have been really good so far too. Good luck everyone!
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Dishware

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Howdy everyone! Hope we’re all staying safe out there and having a great time!

Gotta say all my spots and many new ones are producing super well this season! They are for sure out there! I’m hunting in central state near the river with tons of luck in elm groves and in open areas with a few on sunny southern facing slopes. Todays find (paper plate) was mostly in dry elm woods near the base with maybe foot long grass tufts growing out everywhere. Last year I was told to learn elms, and identify elms from none other than tool fan and also many others and it has not let me down yet. Edge of woods type event horizons have been really good so far too. Good luck everyone! View attachment 42702
Wow looking good man I’m glad your having success 👍

·
Registered
250 Posts
This may be a very short season around here(North of I-80).
The way the weather is looking, the upcoming 80's and dry for several days could both start our season up and do it in before the end of next week. This will be first time in over forty years i have not hunted morels, so i guess if it's gonna suck it might as well be this year. I do feel for the rest of y'all. Go get 'em!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts