Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

· Super Moderator
Summer and fall shrooms are my addictions
821 Posts
Howdy, Everyone and Welcome to Our Glorious 🍄🍄🍄🍄🏕🦅Fungi Family 2022 Season of..🦅🏕🍄🍄🍄🍄
Fun Finds, Pictures, Stories, and Information.
🤠Make Ready All, for a Very Enjoyable time..👍🏻
as ❤We Share our ❤Love of the Hunt Together❤
Some of us that Hunt down South across Georgia to Oklahoma and California,
Will begin finding Morels in Only 60-days from now.... Then Ever so Quickly,🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
Our Morels Will begin Popp'n up Everywhere
and by the end of April,
They will Already be Popp'n in Our Most Northern States.
The Fun Fungi Finds ..don't stop after Morels, BECAUSE Many of Us Stay in the Woods, All Summer and Fall.. finding bunches of Other Edible Fungi, that are So Very Delicious, and that You'll Love to Hunt❤🍄🦅🏕❤🤠🌎❤🍄🍄
I'm Preparing and Organizing..All of My Morel Hunting Gear, Boots, Socks, Camouflage Clothes, Walking stick, and My Backpack with Food, Water and Other Supplies.
So that When that Most Excellent day comes🌄
All I gotta do is Grab it and Go!!
Until then, Let's All Post some Pictures of Good Times and Cool Finds from the Past.
And from Current, Let us know what you are doing as We All wait for it to Begin.
HAPPY NEW YEAR YALL!!
from Wade 🤠....Get Ready!! Then Go Go Gooo !!
Me and Lucy are ready to go. We are still in the woods looking for shrooms we just love the woods
Plant Dog Dog breed Carnivore Tree
Plant Polyporales Wood Twig Terrestrial plant
Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover
Plant Leaf Groundcover Terrestrial plant Grass
Dog Plant Leaf Carnivore Fawn
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

· Super Moderator
821 Posts
Let just hope we get more snow to saturate the earth to heal and create many growths of a great hunt for us this year. In my opinion is takes a snowy winter to have a lucky hunt. 🙏🍄
We have had a lot of snow up here the snow has just melted from last night rain but the ground is still frozen so it can’t soak it up lots of flooding here in Howard and Miami county’s. Hoping for a great shroom season good luck everyone

· Super Moderator
821 Posts
Hey Koko,

I think I'll sit here at my desk (windy sub-freezing outside) 😎 and play MahJongg, Mushroom style. Ha!

View attachment 41162

I made this custom Mushroom version on MahJongg with my own pictures and have enjoyed playing it for 4 years.

Now I'm thinking of making a version of ONLY MOREL MUSHROOM pictures. If I can cull enough personal pictures taken at a little further distance than I normally post (close ups) then maybe it can serve as a Morel perceptual warm up ahead of the season.

What do you-all think??

I need 36 different images.

Hmmnnn . . . Uh Oh! . . . now I'm in trouble -- I'm getting excited about this.

Best to everyone! 😎 🌞 🍷 🍹 🍺 🍄
I like it 👍

· Super Moderator
821 Posts
Lucy's looking like she's ready!

Sadly, my Larry seems like he's giving up on long walks. We used to do two a day, and he would spend all day, every day hunting with me when he was younger. It's going to be really weird for me to spend the whole season hunting without him.

Like the new dog, Wade. I just saw a video today of a couple toddlers playing in a back yard when their ball is thrown into a fountain. Their German shepherd (who was watching from a distance) grabbed the little boy reaching into the water and pulled him away. The dog then grabs a net, goes over to the fountain, scoops the ball up, and pulls it out. Finally, he picks up the ball and gives it to the boy. I'm not much on internet videos, but it was absolutely adorable. Protective dog retrieves ball
We are both ready, been scouting 2 or three times a week and looking for sheds Lucy still has not found one yet. I’m sure she will she chews on them all the time. Good luck this year happy shroomin

· Super Moderator
821 Posts
Natchez, that sounds good
Went for a stroll at Morgan Monroe today to check the status of the woods. Very little greenery. But the devils urns are in the infant stage and also the false morel.(elephant ear to me). Nice day to be out. Blacks and grays very soon..If you are fortunate enough to have a black patch keep your eyes peeled. Good luck! This was Morgan county side could be some up on the southern Monroe side.
Its always great to take a walk in the woods

1 - 20 of 158 Posts