Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I made it over to the western side of the Connecticut River and found four nice Morels on Saturday. For some reason the app will not let me post a picture. The picture shows up in the thread and then disappears with a comment "the file was not an image as expected."

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice job Robert. I have a hard time as well posting pics. Sometimes its super easy and others I feel like I'm doing Algebra again. And I sucked at Algebra.
Got into the woods for only the 3rd time this season. My assessment is...shockingly...We need rain!!! The warmth is here(finally!) but without that rain we could be in trouble. Found 32 today with a bunch already toast. Even some of the keepers today were in need of moisture. Stupid high wind for weeks on end. Barely any rain. Now the heat. Happy I will be on the big lake in NH until Sunday. I took a pic of some super toasty ones just to show how dry we are. Good luck everyone. I hope you get em. Better hurry. And maybe do a rain dance. I will check back in on my late season spots....if we get a soaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well so far that is my only spot but when I do get over to that side of the state I am scouting more locations. I have a question though if you pick morels in a spot is that spot done for the year or is there a chance that more will come up in that same spot?

I'm asking because last year I picked five Morales at that spot went back many times never saw any more. The only other place I have found any is locally under a dead Apple Tree on a friend's property. Same thing found some once and then no more That season and then four or five more next year and then no more the rest of the year. I guess I'm just wondering is my experience normal or an outlier. I know that with the two chanterelle spots that I have they'll produce over and over throughout the month of August usually

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is by far the least amount of time I have been morel hunting since I started in 2010. Circumstances beyond my control, including the weather, have hampered my efforts. Got to look for almost 2hrs after work. Ground cover has taken over in many spots. Prickers, thorns, briars and anything else that can rip me to shreds were abundant!! Pruners were a must. Found 36. Some were perfect. Some were just a bit raggy. Others I just smiled and kept looking. So...they are still out there Ct. The heat this weekend is going to be a challenge. Hoping to have a few more trips. Dont know if any of you are still bush whacking? Good luck if you are.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts