Votes: 6 33.3%
  • bigfoot morels

Votes: 1 5.6%
361 - 365 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone still finding in northern lower?
Yes I did pick fresh morels 6-3, 4, and yesterday the 5th. Emmet county. It is definitely a down year for the whites but they are out there. I will be going again this weekend June 11. Should be some to pick.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad your still finding Glenn. Some look old and some fresh. Are you getting rain up there this week? or last?
[/QUOTE
Glad your still finding Glenn. Some look old and some fresh. Are you getting rain up there this week? or last?
We received rain last night. A little over a half inch. Didn't get much rain last week. It has not been ideal weather for morels. One week cold and the next week we are reaching near record highs. The
poor mushrooms don't have a chance. But that is the ball game. Have to make due with what you get. The reason there is a mix of fresh ones versus not so fresh ones is because the early morels on
south and east facing slopes had to withstand three days of 85-90 degree heat. Those on north and west slopes or very shady areas near the lake were just coming up during the heat and now it is cool while they live out there short life. So there are very nice morels out there but you have to really spend time to find them.

Glenn

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anyone out there looking for/finding golden oysters? My mushroom mentor turned me onto them last year. He said just go check your morel spots they grow on the dead elms. The great thing about them is that they’ll keep fruiting most of the summer. So if your find some he told me to go back every 10-14 days. They have a short shelf life on the stump so you have to stay on it to get them fresh. He said they’re in his top 5 favorites. The top photo is a fresh pod I found Tuesday, they other two are that same pod from this morning, they mature quickly
Plant Mushroom Botany Terrestrial plant Natural landscape
Flower Plant Terrestrial plant Tree Trunk
Flower Plant Mushroom Polyporales Branch

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anyone out there looking for/finding golden oysters? My mushroom mentor turned me onto them last year. He said just go check your morel spots they grow on the dead elms. The great thing about them is that they’ll keep fruiting most of the summer. So if your find some he told me to go back every 10-14 days. They have a short shelf life on the stump so you have to stay on it to get them fresh. He said they’re in his top 5 favorites. The top photo is a fresh pod I found Tuesday, they other two are that same pod from this morning, they mature quickly View attachment 43947 View attachment 43948 View attachment 43949
I haven't found any golden oysters in the southern part of the state. I'm on the Michiana line and always find other oysters but have never seen the golden ones.

361 - 365 of 365 Posts