Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would usually find something by this point but nothing so far. The trout lilies were the indicator I've used in the past but the trout lilies are in full bloom here and the leeks are going strong but it may be a little too cold for the morels. The temps are dropping into the 30's at night. Next week might be better.
Noticed that as well. Won’t be 40’s/50’s again till the weekend. Plus we haven’t had excellent rain in the last week or so either. So hopefully next weeks will aid this. Gonna make it tougher to spot them tho with the undergrowth growing up faster. I’ll try the river edge this weekend. Hopefully more open areas have had enough warmth to pop

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would usually find something by this point but nothing so far. The trout lilies were the indicator I've used in the past but the trout lilies are in full bloom here and the leeks are going strong but it may be a little too cold for the morels. The temps are dropping into the 30's at night. Next week might be better.
I concur. Albeit I seen but one trout lily bloom thus far. Still haven't heard the constant drone of lawn mowers yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We still have a few pokes of snow left over here and there. Still too cold for the morels I think. Lows in mid 30's to high 20's. Ramps have been up for some time though. Maybe this weekend if it warms up?

41 - 60 of 132 Posts