Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

2023 Illinois questions and finds

9K views 106 replies 13 participants last post by  dbowhntr99 
#1 ·
Let’s have a great season

#2 ·
Howdy Everyone
Wade here 🤠
I've been kinda watching weather in Illinois for a couple of months now...and as I recall Yall have been getting a good State wide Rain at least Every other week...🌧
So How are Yall feeling bout it,
🍄 Do you think you are good on your rain
🍄 Hopefully I will be able to drive over and do some Illinois Hunting this time..
🍄Love The Hunt🍄

#19 ·
It's official, Happy Spring everyone! Some more finds in the Carbondale area, fresh black morels. Southern Illinois appears to have had a "false start" to the season the other week, which some would say is not a good thing, time will tell. I took a hike this afternoon in northern Illinois, our early start to spring appears to have evened out, as things look pretty average for late March around here, but I think that will change fairly quickly with average temps and more rains predicted. With the "average" northern Illinois start date around April 20th, we're now in pre-season. Plenty of moisture so far, April is when I start getting nervous...
Ingredient Natural material Cuisine Plant Natural foods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.