Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
I Will Be up and Further Up and All the way UP
So... I guess that's a Y'UP ... I'm in...
But I'm Still Very Scared of Bears..
S S S So.... I will be Pack,n and Loaded for ELEPHANT.. and if I do have to Kill a Bear, because I really don't want to..
But if I do have to Kill a Bear... I'm gonna want to Skin it Out, Ready for Taxidermist...
CAN I DO ALL THAT.... or do I have to outrun the Game Wardens
Our bears are big wusses. Nothing to be afraid of.

· Registered
45 Posts
The last one kind of looks like Chaga. And I typed that sentence just before your reply came through Jpuette. I can't wait to see some green in the woods around here again. And I kind of expect Georgia or Mississippi to chime in with finds in about a month or so! Good luck for this season.
Nice! I’m just waiting for the privet to start budding and I’ll be looking hard for the first ones. Can’t wait to fry some fresh ones up again.

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I guess I should have said how many of us just have loose random dried mushrooms sitting around the house as decorations. Not sayin those aren't mighty pretty... I just didn't say what I meant.
Oh..ok.. I've noticed i am a little slow at times, but so far it just seems to have kept me out if trouble in my Life 🤠

· Registered
846 Posts
Wade - The perspective makes it look like the brook/creek is just uphill from the cabin.

Maybe that's what is meant by 'it has running water in it'!! Ha.

Of course that didn't stop me from helping to build this cabin below, just 30 feet from an annually flooding creek!!

We just built it up on stilts and let the creek flood underneath the cabin each year. Come to think of it . . . I could'a gone fishing from the back deck!! Ha!

Plant Building Tree Natural landscape Grass

🌞😎

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Wade - The perspective makes it look like the brook/creek is just uphill from the cabin.

Maybe that's what is meant by 'it has running water in it'!! Ha.

Of course that didn't stop me from helping to build this cabin below, just 30 feet from an annually flooding creek!!

We just jacked it up on stilts and let the creek flood underneath the cabin each year. Come to think of it . . . I could'a gone fishing from the back deck!! Ha!

View attachment 44554

🌞😎
Yep, thats how they build um, on the Ocean front

· Registered
561 Posts
Happy 23" everyone. Hopefully everyone's year is starting off good.
Been thinking of shrooms ever since deer 🦌 season was over. Can't wait to be in the woods again. Even though it's still a ways away yet it'll be here before we know it and we will be getting are mushroom fix once again.
May the good journeys be plentyfull n enjoyable!

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The Oklahoma page is always action packed!
Half my Family is from that Southeastern Oklahoma area..
Not much Reporting of Morels there, but I would like to Visit there, and then continue on further towards Oklahoma City, for Morels Hunting and Finding..
But ..Man it's a long Drive from here, Indiana

· Super Moderator
Summer and fall shrooms are my addictions
822 Posts
Happy 23" everyone. Hopefully everyone's year is starting off good.
Been thinking of shrooms ever since deer 🦌 season was over. Can't wait to be in the woods again. Even though it's still a ways away yet it'll be here before we know it and we will be getting are mushroom fix once again.
May the good journeys be plentyfull n enjoyable!
Your going have to bring the deer meat this year I struck out this year hope the Shroomin god’s are with us this year

· Super Moderator
485 Posts
Wow y’all starting already ?!?! Cmon now guys. A bit of an obsession don’t ya think :ROFLMAO:
Wade messaged me to post today so I did lol
Been pretty busy with life lately. Hadn’t did much foraging yet. I Did get out and harvest some meat though. Won’t be able to drive too far north to search for morels but I see a trip to central Mississippi on the horizon. May the mushroom gods be with each and everyone of you fungible folks View attachment 44542
View attachment 44541
You will have join our 42nd annual Squirrelfest this year here in Indy, always the first full weekend after opening day, 8/15.

Still hoping the weather changes and we get some ice fishing before March. Of course 6 more weeks to chase rabbits with the boys, just few things to pass the time til mushroom season.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts